FedEx Freight | Fueling

Chicken Hawk

TB Lurker
Credits
Our terminal (Orlando) told us to start fueling off site in order to be prepared for a possible diesel shortage. In the event of a shortage, I don't believe our onsite tanks would last longer than 2 days with all the drivers we have. Have any other terminals implemented this?

Our terminal (Orlando) told us to start fueling off site in order to be prepared for a possible diesel shortage. In the event of a shortage, I don't believe our onsite tanks would last longer than 2 days with all the drivers we have. Have any other terminals implemented this?
I’ve heard VBE, Charlotte and Richmond as well.

Why so negative? I understand why you think it’s coming but my center also has just added 6 road drivers starting in 2 weeks.. I know that doesn’t matter cause FedEx does things backwards but I mean really, adding drivers so why layoffs.. btw I’m out of a major hub with over 120 road drivers

Why so negative? I understand why you think it’s coming but my center also has just added 6 road drivers starting in 2 weeks.. I know that doesn’t matter cause FedEx does things backwards but I mean really, adding drivers so why layoffs.. btw I’m out of a major hub with over 120 road drivers
Not negative it’s being real. If it isn’t obvious we are headed for a massive recession I don’t know what to say to you. Adding drivers doesn’t mean squat. Fedex cares about being staffed today and tomorrow.

Advice is if you don't have alot of time in do whatever it takes. Dock work. Weekend runs. Whatever. Sometimes ask. You never know if senior drivers want to take a random day off. Recession is coming. These are ways to get thru it

No motion lotion in tanks? Park it.

No fuel in the company property? Lock it up under forced Majurie.

Come back another time when there is fuel to get and work to do.