Averitt | Ful

ltl lifer

Sr. Citizen & Gold Member
Credits
If the terminal name is Fulton (FUL) then why do the writers and publishers of the Averitt Pravda always refer to it as Atlanta West?

Just wondering.

If the terminal name is Fulton (FUL) then why do the writers and publishers of the Averitt Pravda always refer to it as Atlanta West?

Just wondering.
That's a big joke to everyone, except those that sit behind a computer screen. FUL(ERRR ATLANTA WEST) is located just west of Atlanta and I285, NOR (ERRR ATLANTA EAST) is located in Laweranceville Ga, 20 miles NORTHEAST of downtown Atlanta. I dislike going to either as they are filthy and everyone has a attitude. The BEST service center ever in the south was MRT, just north of Marietta on I75, at exit 269. Spoke with a driver yesterday, he said they have been getting messages that Avrt is going to open the MRT parking lot for drivers that want to park there, instead of NOR/FUL as the lots are getting too conjested. If I lived in the north ATL area, it would be a NO BRAINER!

Oh you know it couldn't be the management of those places that they are filthy. I work out of a relatively new but filthy facility as well. The terminal managers are sacrificing maintenance and cleanliness to add to their bonus bottom lines at the sake of the those of us that make the terminal run. It truly is a travesty that this is allowed to happen by those on high. You know they come visit these facilities once in every other blue moon.

Ltl lifer man you are telling the truth....We need a company wide survey and let everyone in the big house know how the majority of the drivers feel ....Working here over 20 years i wish i could go back in time i was really proud of this company back in the day ,now all they care about is the bottom line..

I celebrate 26 years this year and I'm as proud as ever, granted I work out of Knx drive a 2014 Volvo and work less than 50 hrs a week. Life is good in Knoxville !

I'm proud of this company too! Nor filthy? I don't see it. Our svc director has been with us since before the move to lawrenceville, and I assure you he was an improvement over his predecessor in the clean dept.

Knx is blessed with 20 plus year veteran member's of management, from the Service Center Director, to the Operations Manager, Shop Leader, Dispatch. We are like a big family, we raised our kids together and have grown old together. I can with all honesty that while we have grown into a huge corporation, Knx still has the 30 door terminal feel like it did in the '80's. Bryan S. takes great pride in our grounds and all around facility.

I'm proud of this company too! Nor filthy? I don't see it. Our svc director has been with us since before the move to lawrenceville, and I assure you he was an improvement over his predecessor in the clean dept.
I guess you walk around the area's I do....the shop showers,,,ARRRGH!

I have no problem with our service center or the tractor i drive and we have alot good folks working here...The bottom line when i started here our pay and vacation was close to most of the other carriers and now we are a billion dollar company...

I celebrate 26 years this year and I'm as proud as ever, granted I work out of Knx drive a 2014 Volvo and work less than 50 hrs a week. Life is good in Knoxville !
KNX is an exception rather than the rule. Travel to any of CR's Texas terminals. Disgustingly filthy. Case in point, DAL

I have no problem with our service center or the tractor i drive and we have alot good folks working here...The bottom line when i started here our pay and vacation was close to most of the other carriers and now we are a billion dollar company...

And our pay has fell behind even bottom feeder Conway.

That's a BIG 10-4....The area around the DAL shop absolutely STINKS and it's not from PEE JUGS!

ROFL. You nailed it. Let's see, the yard has a big field that should have been paved when they did the expansion but for cheapiness, they didn't pave it. Now, with all the PODS and the Parkway tractors parked there they have run out of space so they park trailers in that once grassy field. Now that grassy field is a mud hole and all of that mud gets tracked out on the pavement and it's a mess. You go in the mens room and there are never any towels. Urinals torn off the walls, filthy, nasty place. A full time 24/7 janitorial staff could remedy those issues but they would rather spend that money on that gym equipment that nobody uses in that dark and dank break room at the shop. Luckily I don't have to use the showers at any facility so I can't speak to those but I can only imagine their appearance based on the way the rest rooms look.
A pressure washer in the fuel island about once a year would be nice as well.

And make sure you shave and keep your hair off your ears,so we can keep that Averitt image....This is not the same company when i started 20 + years ago and its pretty sad.

And make sure you shave and keep your hair off your ears,so we can keep that Averitt image....This is not the same company when i started 20 + years ago and its pretty sad.

Yep, and cover the tattoos whilst some people wear those silly looking short gray pants. But if you have a flat on you 3 month old tractor, we will gladly put a rusty, greasy black rim on the outside wile we place the painted rim facing in. And they wonder why nobody gives a rat's rectum. Priorities are all screwed up.