Holland | Full Rate or lock the gate

Not being a smart ass here but am wondering if some would prefer 27/ hour with much less benefits. A 60 hour check would be almost §1900 (1890 to be exact)
If we only averaged 50 hours per week we would be making 77,000/ year in city.
The hard hitters would be pulling in 85,000 to 90,000.
If we could negotiate our pension payments into an escrow account with our name on it until they figure out what they are going to do on our behalf besides throwing our money out the window for someone else to grab and no one to throw any back in the window for us I’m all for it.(app 3500 per year at 25%.) 10 years is enough donations)
How many cents per mile would it take you line haul guys to get the equivalent of a 5 dollar per hour raise? Where are you at now or this April.
I wish we could at least individually opt out of the pension and take the money to do with what we want. Let the guys that are close stay in and keep contributing and those that want to opt out and take the cash. But of course our Union won't allow that..

I wish we could at least individually opt out of the pension and take the money to do with what we want. Let the guys that are close stay in and keep contributing and those that want to opt out and take the cash. But of course our Union won't allow that..
I have been saying for the contribution to go into a 401k if the employee chooses to do so, which the union might allow if it’s the Teamsters 401k plan.

If I remember correctly the Western conference isn’t allowing the 25% to be put into pension fund.Its going into a 401 k...I don’t think it’s in individual names though.

I don’t really want them messing with our insurance either but I think if we were to start our contract at say 27 per hour top pay and start out at 22 or so for new hires,we could attract more drivers.aThe hourly wage seems to be more of a driving force than insurance.And to be honest ,if we ended our contract at close to 29 / hour it would be kinda cool.What does road top out at?

If I remember correctly the Western conference isn’t allowing the 25% to be put into pension fund.Its going into a 401 k...I don’t think it’s in individual names though.

I don’t really want them messing with our insurance either but I think if we were to start our contract at say 27 per hour top pay and start out at 22 or so for new hires,we could attract more drivers.aThe hourly wage seems to be more of a driving force than insurance.And to be honest ,if we ended our contract at close to 29 / hour it would be kinda cool.What does road top out at?

i like the talk of a 401k or optional 401k etc, but a 7$/hr raise? for 10,000 employees? what a pipe dream. right after UPS buys us, thats when you get the 7$/hr raise...soon after youre fired because you werent walking fast enough inbetween stops.

Careersite_ABF_2.jpg
Uniforms show pride in the company and YRCW is the only one that doesn't have a uniform because they is no pride at any of yrcw companies ,we are a bottom feeder company now !!! and pay the rate or lock the gate ..........................
ABF doesn’t require them to wear them and I’ve never seen there Road wear them

My favorite new hire story: I come in on Saturday evening and as you look down the row of trailers, three quarters of the way down there is a trailer sticking eight feet out farther than any of the others, now if a guy had hit a bump in the ground and thought it was the dock I could understand but because I have spent a few hundred Saturdays there I know that three quarters of the way down is a dock that has a dumpster in front of the dock to throw all the garbage into. Yes the newbie had that dumpster pinned nice and tight between the trailer and the dock plate and driven away to go fuel with the trailer sticking eight feet farther out than any of the others. He will fit right in with the other new hires around here! Kind of scary!
That’s a big problem there. Are MOU states road drivers don’t have to put trailers to the dock unless your taking the tractors to hotel. It’s city work we park on inbound lane and we’re done. Scott Ware sent a memo out to all terminals informing them of this practice. If I knew how to post it on here I would.

i like the talk of a 401k or optional 401k etc, but a 7$/hr raise? for 10,000 employees? what a pipe dream. right after UPS buys us, thats when you get the 7$/hr raise...soon after youre fired because you werent walking fast enough inbetween stops.

We will be slightly over 22/ hour in April. (IN Atlanta).that would be a 5/ hour raise .Company pays 385/ week for insurance.
40 hours at 5/ hour is 200.
I'm not saying make it a wash by gutting our insurance but if hourly wage is what is going to make the majority happy we certainly have room in negotiations for it.
We have the best blue collar insurance in the USA.

That’s a big problem there. Are MOU states road drivers don’t have to put trailers to the dock unless your taking the tractors to hotel. It’s city work we park on inbound lane and we’re done. Scott Ware sent a memo out to all terminals informing them of this practice. If I knew how to post it on here I would.
Up North if we don't plug the trucks in on the weekend nothing will be moving come Monday morning. I am more than happy to take the extra half hour and throw it in a dock and put some fuel in. Soon it will start to warm up and we will not have to do that on the weekend till next winter. I don't know how many terminals have this policy and weather or not Scott Ware likes it or not it needs to be done. I know it takes a little common sense sometimes which is not found in great quantities around here but if you live in places like Minnesota and Wisconsin you better have your tanks full and your tractors plugged in or you have a serious problem in Jan and Feb.

If you know how to send a pic from your phone gallery,take a picture of the memo on your phone.

Just for the record I would prefer to keep my healthcare and get pay raises from here.
It's just that the hourly rate thing sounds better to most people.

Up North if we don't plug the trucks in on the weekend nothing will be moving come Monday morning. I am more than happy to take the extra half hour and throw it in a dock and put some fuel in. Soon it will start to warm up and we will not have to do that on the weekend till next winter. I don't know how many terminals have this policy and weather or not Scott Ware likes it or not it needs to be done. I know it takes a little common sense sometimes which is not found in great quantities around here but if you live in places like Minnesota and Wisconsin you better have your tanks full and your tractors plugged in or you have a serious problem in Jan and Feb.

I don't see how city guys could file unless there is room enough for everyone to drop trailers in yard and then fuel.
We don't have a union mechanic shop but I don't know how the shop could file for fueling and plugging in your tractor if they aren't there. I think we need to be a little more lenient on some of our work rules.

I have been saying for the contribution to go into a 401k if the employee chooses to do so, which the union might allow if it’s the Teamsters 401k plan.
I think that would be the best option for the newer hires. We get new guys coming on that are 50 years old and they are screwed as far as retirement goes with the current pension plan. Just think if the company could advertise our insurance along with say 350 dollars into a 401k every month along with whatever you want contribute. Maybe it wouldn't be so hard to find good people.