Holland | Full Rate or lock the gate

I want to chime in on this, Why would I want my tax dollars to pay for a pension when I don't have a pension myself?? I am not trying to get something started, I just want you to look at the other side of the coin here. I can see both sides because I have been screwed out of a lot of my pension from a former employer. But, I cannot expect the Government to make up the difference.
Just food for thought.

I don’t believe in tax payer bailouts either,but in this case the government had their nose stuck in it and are a big part of the reason it failed.They also allowed this dangerous Ponzi scheme of a pension to be legal mainly because of union campaign contributions and votes.
You or I would go to prison for setting up the same kind of investment but the government finds it acceptable for public and union pensions.In this case I think the government should right Its wrongs

Maybe some will get tired of this and start voting accordingly.A fraction of what we spend on illegal immigrants would more than flush up the pension fund.

The cost of illegal immigration to taxpayers is growing at an unsustainable pace
BY SPENCER RALEY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 09/28/17 12:00 PM EDT 456
THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

immigration_.jpg

© Getty
The total cost of illegal immigration to federal, state and local taxpayers for the nation’s 12.5 million illegal aliens has increased to $116 billion annually, according to a new study released Wednesday by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR). The study, one of the most comprehensive to date on the issue, investigates the major contributing factors driving the high cost of illegal immigration, and compares that to the revenue state and local governments collect from illegal aliens.

The findings paint a much different picture than what open-border proponents and many in the mainstream media try to portray — that illegal immigration is somehow a net positive to the United States economy.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...f-illegal-immigration-to-taxpayers-is-growing

Last edited:
No... I went back to ltl.... this is one of the reasons. ..

We just had a guy that left for an Averitt dedicated run that was much closer to his home.
He was gone for less than 6 months and came back to us last week.
He has a young child and the insurance was killing him.He was paying weekly for insurance and said he still paid 60 to 80 dollars every time he went to doctor.

a22a9c650aebb9e78d50189b3070548a.jpg
And after 25 to 30 years we make $21 & chump change per hour !!! and then April 1st a SLAP in face .34 cents and they take -15% of that too !!

They never have..raises have always been. 34.
Used to be .40 cents.minus 15% = .34 cents
-15% of the .40 cents = .34 cents and then on Friday payday ,they hit that same .34 cents with -15% again and every Friday payday after that too !! This is double -15% because they take -15% April 1st and then again every payday they take -15% again forever, which the union should have said NO to taking from our -40 cents back then !! So 2019 pay the rate or shut the gate !!

-15% of the .40 cents = .34 cents and then on Friday payday ,they hit that same .34 cents with -15% again and every Friday payday after that too !! This is double -15% because they take -15% April 1st and then again every payday they take -15% again forever, which the union should have said NO to taking from our -40 cents back then !! So 2019 pay the rate or shut the gate !!

Well brother,plan on locked gates then because it ain’t going to happen.
I will tell you this,when the gates do lock it ain’t no fun.

I’m sorry bro but your math makes absolutely zero sense but let’s just let it be.

Okay full rate now is 25.70- 15% is 21.85

April raise 25.70 + .40 is 26.10 minus 15% is
Now here is hard part follow close
21.85 + .34 = 22.19 April rate
Or
26.10 x.85 =22.185 or 22.19 April rate

Huh?? I'm thinking you need to recalculate!!

Huh?? I'm thinking you need to recalculate!!
Remember they still take -15% out every Friday payday , so when they add in the .34 on the next Friday they take -15% of that again , just like all of out past raises ! they are like taxes they just keep taking & taking !!

Remember they still take -15% out every Friday payday , so when they add in the .34 on the next Friday they take -15% of that again , just like all of out past raises ! they are like taxes they just keep taking & taking !!

Dude did you not look at your last post?
Look at pay stub from last week.
Do the math, take current wage and divide by .85. 21.85 divided by.85 equals 25.70

Now add .40 to 25.70 that will be26.10

Now take 26.10 x .85 and that is 22.19

Now on April 13 look at pay stub and take 40 hours pay and divide by40 and that will be 22.19

This ain't that difficult don't be reporting fake news.

I'll repeat. I think you need to recalculate!

C'mon, guys, cut Wong a bit of a break. -15% permeates so much of his thinking it's a miracle he can concentrate on work. He doesn't understand that if it was really as bad as he thinks it is he'd be paying to go to work every day instead of bringing home what is definitely not the worst paycheck in trucking and enjoying some pretty good health insurance.

YRC might not be king of the hill, but they're still pretty far from the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Do the Math how ever you want ,BUT still ever Friday they are taking -15% of our FULL pay rate and pay raises , we are only getting 85% pay weekly of our FULL PAY rate period !!!! While YRCW management is at Full Pay & free stock awards yearly & no lose of weeks vacation time !!:6788:

Do the Math how ever you want ,BUT still ever Friday they are taking -15% of our FULL pay rate and pay raises , we are only getting 85% pay weekly of our FULL PAY rate period !!!! While YRCW management is at Full Pay & free stock awards yearly & no lose of weeks vacation time !!:6788:

This is true.
There are no restrictions to keep you at YRC.
You have a right to go elsewhere.
You have the right to be unhappy with job.
You can also try and help the situation, or be part of the problem.