Holland | Full seniority rights?

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
What do you guys think this means? Full seniority rights? Does it mean after you get off of the utility bid you would go where ever your full seniority rights put you on the local city board, where theres separate city and road boards? Or does it mean after you get off of the utility bid you would go to the bottom of the city board? In different areas of the country people seem to think it means different things. I don't understand why one local would be saying one thing and a different local would something else.

just vote no ... get the contract fully written and understood correctly...
make our locals and reps earn their money instead of all of this confusion and bulllll ... its ez jus vote no

What do you guys think this means? Full seniority rights? Does it mean after you get off of the utility bid you would go where ever your full seniority rights put you on the local city board, where theres separate city and road boards? Or does it mean after you get off of the utility bid you would go to the bottom of the city board? In different areas of the country people seem to think it means different things. I don't understand why one local would be saying one thing and a different local would something else.
If anything get it clarified in your suppliments..Get it in writing that if ya bid off the road in order to get a bid in that classification and then you lose that bid for whatever reason you have the choice to go where ever your senority will let ya go. Or are you guys at Holland locked into the classification for a year ?

If anything get it clarified in your suppliments..Get it in writing that if ya bid off the road in order to get a bid in that classification and then you lose that bid for whatever reason you have the choice to go where ever your senority will let ya go. Or are you guys at Holland locked into the classification for a year ?

In our local, if you bid off the road in to the city you go to the bottom of the city board, period. We don't have the year and a day here. We all so have two separate boards, city and road. Can it be different if it is a different supplement? Such as, what ever it is here as of now it will still be after you get off the utility bid, you would go to the bottom?

In Louisville if you leave the road board for the city board, you go to the bottom of the city board and then you have your city seniority from the start date you went there. Its been that way for years and if this was to change what do you think would happen to all of the people that have went from the road to city in the past. It just doesn't seem right to them.

And for the record, I'm against the whole contract, including this part about the utility driver bid. I will be voting NO anyway. But just in case it does go through it would be nice to know what it means.

It says that road drivers transfer to the city then bid with full seniority on the utility positions. There are no retreat rights to the road board (see below). There is no language to take away a drivers seniority if they come off the utility position.
We have a guy who went to the road board for a while and came back to the city. He lost his seniority. Now according to this he could go BACKto the road, then he could bid on the utility position and get his full seniority back in the city.

There shall be no retreat rights for employees who transfer to the local cartage operation to bid an open Utility Employee position.

For example, if a road driver bids into the Utility Employee position, he relinquishes his road seniority for bidding purposes and cannot return to the road driver classification, unless through a change of operations,

You would be City unless a change of ops is called

You keep full company seniority if your seniority can't hold the utility job when it comes around for another bid rotation, then you go in the city where ever your seniority puts you. You just can't go back on the road unless a change of ops. When bids go back up and they have a utility job your seniority:1036316054: can hold, you can bid back on the utility job. Just no more road.

Also read this

ARTICLE 18. OTHER SERVICES
In the event an Employer, party to this Agreement, may require the services of employees coming under the jurisdiction of this Agreement in a manner and under conditions not provided for in this Agreement, then and in such instances the Local Union and the Employer concerned may negotiate such matters for such specific purposes, subject to the approval of the Multi-Region Change of Operations Committee.

To mr Bennyhill, all you were was fishing about your big announcement, not right to give guys hope of postive news when guys are laid off or only working 1 or 2 days a week. Let me guess you get your 40 plus OT , wish I could afford to go fishing.

ARTICLE 18. OTHER SERVICES
In the event an Employer, party to this Agreement, may require the services of employees coming under the jurisdiction of this Agreement in a manner and under conditions not provided for in this Agreement, then and in such instances the Local Union and the Employer concerned may negotiate such matters for such specific purposes, subject to the approval of the Multi-Region Change of Operations Committee.
I don't know how you could put such cofidence into your local, when a like local 401` has a UPS Parcelman and a Stove manufacturingman as BAs and have NO ideas of what the FREIGHT MAN is all about. Why would you put anymore faith into a LOCAL that has little or NO support in your TERMINAL?:chairshot::butt kiss: