FedEx Freight | Furloughs again

Serious question, if you’re union you can’t be laid off? I thought that was the reason for these furloughs was to prevent lay offs.

I don't understand your question. Union companies have laid off. The purpose of the furlough is to prevent people from looking for greener grass due to lack of work.
Maybe a egg roll ? :6792:
Na , get them a hot dog .

They're not worthy of the mighty hotdog

I don't understand your question. Union companies have laid off. The purpose of the furlough is to prevent people from looking for greener grass due to lack of work.
I interpreted your post as meaning that your union local should be thanked for not allowing furloughs. Did I get it wrong?

In the furlough meeting, they mentioned a pretty nice assistance bonus to anyone interested in transferring to a location on their list.
Has anyone ever looked at the list? I'm just wondering how many locations need people in such lean times.

In the furlough meeting, they mentioned a pretty nice assistance bonus to anyone interested in transferring to a location on their list.
Has anyone ever looked at the list? I'm just wondering how many locations need people in such lean times.

Last time I saw that list, the only service centers listed were in Oregon and Washington, I believe.

$10,000 isn't enough to move there. No amount of money would be worth it to me.