Pitt-Ohio | Furloughs

ltltrkr

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
Is Pitt Ohio offering Furloughs similar to whet Fedex Freight is doing ?? One of your Jersey guys said Pitt joined in on that program since the industry is slow.

Is Pitt Ohio offering Furloughs similar to whet Fedex Freight is doing ?? One of your Jersey guys said Pitt joined in on that program since the industry is slow.
This is the first I'm hearing about it. They do look for volunteers to take a day off with a sign up sheet. They also will have drivers take a day off if it's slow and nobody volunteers but that gets spread around as evenly as possible.

Haven’t heard anything. We haven’t done it in col for several years. But there would be NO shortage of Linehaul drivers that would volunteer for a furlough!

We have 3 p&d drivers who took a voluntary layoff for January. The least senior driver of the three is further down on the list than I’ve seen in the past, but still quite a ways up from the bottom. Voluntary layoffs do occur in linehaul but not nearly as often and would likely be taken by senior drivers.

We have 3 p&d drivers who took a voluntary layoff for January. The least senior driver of the three is further down on the list than I’ve seen in the past, but still quite a ways up from the bottom. Voluntary layoffs do occur in linehaul but not nearly as often and would likely be taken by senior drivers.
do they loose anything when they come back ?

Need the salesman to knock on doors. Plenty of freight to be had. You lay me off even if for 1 day I'm not coming back. If more drivers take that approach then won't lay no one off.