FedEx Freight | Furloughs!!

Or save up 2 personal days and half the boards at major hubs call out for 4 days. 4 excused days off for just 2 personal days.
Not sure what this point is. When this goes on for months everyone is going to need a chit load more personal days than 2. That model may get you by a cpl weeks best. Then everyone will have burnt the days.

To F up the operation! Not to get paid.
Not sure what this point is. When this goes on for months everyone is going to need a chit load more personal days than 2. That model may get you by a cpl weeks best. Then everyone will have burnt the days.

To F up the operation! Not to get paid.. I would love for major hubs to do a massive or big part of drivers call out!

To F up the operation! Not to get paid.

To F up the operation! Not to get paid.. I would love for major hubs to do a massive or big part of drivers call out!
Because your butt hurt that they use PT???
Ill never understand why you would possibly stay here under these horrific conditions!

My building doesn't do it that way. I've looked through the handbook and no mention it of how it should be done, so I'm assuming it's left up to building management.
Not exactly sure what he's talking about... Getting 4 days for burning 2. You do get 2 days for 1 POINT, as it applies to corrective action.

Either way, the point is pretty clear, and precise, NOT left to center discretion. I can find the policy, eventually when time allows. BETTER PLAN: tell em to print attendence policy. About 8 pages if I recall.

Not exactly sure what he's talking about... Getting 4 days for burning 2. You do get 2 days for 1 POINT, as it applies to corrective action.

Either way, the point is pretty clear, and precise, NOT left to center discretion. I can find the policy, eventually when time allows. BETTER PLAN: tell em to print attendence policy. About 8 pages if I recall.

If I call out on Monday and use 8 hours of PT and then I call out Tuesday, I still get the point for Tuesday.

If I call out on Monday and use 8 hours PT and I call out Tuesday to Thursday, I still get 2 points.

My understanding is that some buildings will give you no points for calling out Monday and Tuesday and covering it with 8 hours of PT.

I checked the policy, but it just says you need a full 8 hours to avoid the point.

Okay stop the playground pushing , shoving and name calling , I get one more complaint from The General Population , well :nut kick:

love / SMOKESTACK !

This is the policy according to FedEx handbook online Swamp if it helps. :1036316054: :rulz:

The entire week off is two separate absences. The first 2 days serve as the first absence. The
subsequent 3 days serve as the second absence. Total – 2 Absences
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1st Absence 1st Absence 2nd
Absence
2nd
Absence
2nd
Absence
• Example 2: An employee's pay week is Tuesday through Saturday. The employee misses Tuesday and
Wednesday and then again on Saturday. This is two separate absences. The first 2 days are the first
absence. The third day missed within the same pay week is another absence. Total – 2 Absences
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1st Absence 1st Absence 2nd
Absence
• Example 3: An employee misses Thursday and Friday of one pay week and is off again the following
Monday of the next pay week. This is two absences since they are tracked per pay week. The first 2 days
in this example count as one absence, and the following Monday is a separate absence.

My point is take 4 days off and use 2 personal days for no occurrences by calling in sick twice. At our center a personal day counts for two sick days no occurrence.

The bigger point is to send a message to corporate without signing a union card, but it will never happen so carry on till PT is rampant at every hub running all the good lanes.

:nut kick:sensitivity on the front
:732:sensitivity on the rear
:chairshot:sensitivity on the head

:kickedoutsmile:sensitivity on the other side of the door
Awe, Smoke you’re a sensitive guy. My hot dog cart will have a special dog in your honor. The Sensitive Dog. All beef foot long, on a steamed bun, with Texas style chili (No Beans), onions, shredded cheese, some pepper flakes sprinkled on top, hot kosher pickle on the side, soda included.

My point is take 4 days off and use 2 personal days for no occurrences by calling in sick twice. At our center a personal day counts for two sick days no occurrence.

The bigger point is to send a message to corporate without signing a union card, but it will never happen so carry on till PT is rampant at every hub running all the good lanes.
I do like the interpretation, that burning 8 covers the occurrence (both days). If that's how they're doing it, cool.

When I take off I don't use personal hours, unless I really want/need the pay. I'll typically take the points... Because I prefer to keep the hours for semi-planned absence...

Last edited:
It also states in the handbook it only applies to medical reasons to you or your minor child. So say your car is down 2 days and you call in both days and say car trouble, they technically can give you 2 points for 2 call offs.

It also states in the handbook it only applies to medical reasons to you or your minor child. So say your car is down 2 days and you call in both days and say car trouble, they technically can give you 2 points for 2 call offs.
Actually good info there. As it often the case, it's not what you do, but what you say that gets us in trouble.

BUT, FMCSA regulations state that an "ill or fatigued" driver can NOT be dispatched. And they can't require you tell them the details of medical... So, "personal medical" works for me.

I think when ya need a day due to burnout or just being disgruntled, two days for one point is the best way to go.