XPO | G p s in hand helds

dockboy

TB Lurker
Credits
I just heard the Con-Way will be put G P S in the hand held so they can track your route and speed and, it will show up on the computers in the office . yes they now can in real time see how fast you are driving where your at how long your at a stop and the route you take :stirthepot::hide::thread:

I just heard the Con-Way will be put G P S in the hand held so they can track your route and speed and, it will show up on the computers in the office . yes they now can in real time see how fast you are driving where your at how long your at a stop and the route you take :stirthepot::hide::thread:
UPS Freight has had this for the past year. Keeps the P&D drivers honest.

Pretty sad that (THEY) seem to think (THEY) need this, i can not believe the direction that these companies are going. I remember when trust was a word that you once earned and once earned never questioned again. Sorry, maybe i am missing something, but to me it is like now you will be spending most of your time explaining to someone who has never delivered an ounce of freight in their life as to why you were at a certain point for however long, integrity anymore is meaningless.

Sorry: Not Con-way specific

UPS Freight has had this for the past year. Keeps the P&D drivers honest.

At UPSF we've had some drivers terminated because of dishonesty, stealing time. It seems to happen at every company...must be the nature of the beast? Must be a bunch of dishonest people?
  • Driver inputs that he is at customer waiting while GPS shows he is at a mall location possibly/obviously shopping or eating lunch.
  • Later on, he enters a lunch in his DIAD. He steals a total of 1 hour and it adds up.
  • No matter how many stops a day, this person gets the same excessive amount of OT.
  • Hand held inputs are not matching GPS tracking.
  • This sends a red flag and than corporate security is called in to video.

What you input on the handheld and in UPS Freight's casse, DIADs, better match what the "Eye in the Sky" is reporting.
The days of buying yourself screw off time by being one step ahead of what you enter is long gone.
It's a double edge sword, Management wants to use it to become more efficient and put you in strategic locations to service the customer but if you are trying to defraud the company than you will raise red flags and get the microscope placed on you.

Not trying to scare anyone or say the technology is the same, but in the end. Honesty is the best policy. You will feel good about yourself at the end of the day knowing your conscience is clean. The slackers are the one who will feel the pain and put their jobs on the line.

Pretty sad that (THEY) seem to think (THEY) need this, i can not believe the direction that these companies are going. I remember when trust was a word that you once earned and once earned never questioned again. Sorry, maybe i am missing something, but to me it is like now you will be spending most of your time explaining to someone who has never delivered an ounce of freight in their life as to why you were at a certain point for however long, integrity anymore is meaningless.

Integrity , Trust , Ethics , and Morals are things they don't understand because they are completely void of ANY of these virtues themselves.

it's just another step in trimming the fat, Conways excuse for getting rid of the the undesirerable's...
Just like the flex board in our terninal.. designed to force people out by not working them for two weeks...

Also with their gps technology the information that the dispatchers had were a day behind. It was never in real time except for the p&d reservation software.

At least the lazy f's will have to work now......better get ur game face on....it is gonna get worse. Then again, its gonna just get better. Depends on how you look at it. Part of my screwing up was steaming over these douche bags bringing in 6 skids on a pup and leaving well b4 I did as I unoaded a huge city trlr. I think this is great! Let the pressure build higher!!! Love it!

it's just another step in trimming the fat, Conways excuse for getting rid of the the undesirerable's...
Just like the flex board in our terninal.. designed to force people out by not working them for two weeks...
Don't worry if they use it against you just go to the hall and file. Ooops.

I am going to wrap mine up in aluminum foil and make them guess what the hell is going....

Don't forget to make a aluminum foil hat as well. Never leave the house without mine. Keeps them from being able to read my mind while I am standing around in dispatch.

Seriously though, If your honest and are not out f@#$ing off when your susposed to be peddling your route, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I think I might start making notes on all of my DR's though about what causes any major delays and firing off a text as well just to cover my butt out there. Just in case my dispatcher gets the CRAZY IDEA TO QUESTION MY INTEGRITY!!!!!!!!!:6792::wtflol::452::479::6817::smilies-19296:

Don't worry if they use it against you just go to the hall and file. Ooops.

Do you really think your sorry azz union would have your back after convincing a whole bunch of drivers to take excessive wage and benefit cuts for the purpose of keeping itself viable? I got news for you, the Teamster leadership is in the tank for the companies who employ their members.

Do you really think your sorry azz union would have your back after convincing a whole bunch of drivers to take excessive wage and benefit cuts for the purpose of keeping itself viable? I got news for you, the Teamster leadership is in the tank for the companies who employ their members.

Don't know how to say this ldgarrit but this is one thing you know nothing about!!!!
NEWS FLASH FOR YA!!!! WE are not Union!!! Duh !!!!

my understanding the biggest push for the GPS update is to get us closer to paperless logs. Electronic logs will be a huge part in the whole CSA 2010 compliance issue. The majority of city drivers do their job with honesty and character. This addition to our hand-helds will just make it easier for a few people to get themselves fired.

If your not doing anyting but your job,what do you have to worry about...LOL...You cannot tell me that in some time in your guys Con-Way career that you NEVER stoled time???Ya, Ok...Guess now your gonna do an honost days work for an honost days pay......

If your not doing anyting but your job,what do you have to worry about...LOL...You cannot tell me that in some time in your guys Con-Way career that you NEVER stoled time???Ya, Ok...Guess now your gonna do an honost days work for an honost days pay......

:LMAO: Shake it once and zip it up driver......