FedEx Freight | GARDEN OF EDEN

Cranked

TB Lurker
Credits
HEY NOW..... WHAT IS THE TRUE AND REAL PURPOSE OF EDEN? WHY IS IT NEEDED? WHATS REALLY GOING ON HERE? LOVE TA KNOW.............

Are you kidding?..... Its the latest in technology to help your dispatcher know where all his units are.....
so now we'll never be sent off route.....
(let me know when that happens)
:clap: :kicking:

Their truck, they have the right to know where it's at, how long it sits and where it parks for lunch... Whats the problem?

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=79772.msg826591#msg826591 date=1272849416]
Their truck, they have the right to know where it's at, how long it sits and where it parks for lunch... Whats the problem?
[/quote]
the problem jeff is he may have been located somewhere he didnt belong at the time :nono: busted

Interesting replies..... so eden technology is to find out where their truck is... ha. What bullshit.....The handheld is logged in by the driver so that the driver can be tracked during the course of his/her day. Talk about trust omg....Try tracking a unit without a handheld inside of it. duh

[quote author=Cranked link=topic=79772.msg827094#msg827094 date=1273024038]
Interesting replies..... so eden technology is to find out where their truck is... ha. What ::shit::.....The handheld is logged in by the driver so that the driver can be tracked during the course of his/her day. Talk about trust omg....Try tracking a unit without a handheld inside of it. duh
[/quote]

The main reason is supposed to be dispatching. The computer shows a map of exactly where everyone is and will tell the dispatcher which driver is closest to each stop. The funny thing is our dispatchers don't use the map unless they are looking for directions......mostly a waste of money

[quote author=chitownpeddler link=topic=79772.msg827118#msg827118 date=1273027815]
[quote author=Cranked link=topic=79772.msg827094#msg827094 date=1273024038]
Interesting replies..... so eden technology is to find out where their truck is... ha. What ::shit::.....The handheld is logged in by the driver so that the driver can be tracked during the course of his/her day. Talk about trust omg....Try tracking a unit without a handheld inside of it. duh
[/quote]

The main reason is supposed to be dispatching. The computer shows a map of exactly where everyone is and will tell the dispatcher which driver is closest to each stop. The funny thing is our dispatchers don't use the map unless they are looking for directions......mostly a waste of money
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm told it shows our SC on a steep hillside in the middle of a forest.

[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=79772.msg827185#msg827185 date=1273056635]
That's where it is , right ? :biglaugh:
[/quote]

Yeah. We just put it in neutral and head down the dirt path.

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=79772.msg827541#msg827541 date=1273152646]
[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=79772.msg827185#msg827185 date=1273056635]
That's where it is , right ? :biglaugh:
[/quote]

Yeah. We just put it in neutral and head down the dirt path.
[/quote]I know I'm missing part of this .. but way back when I did a little moto x racing ... the downhills were wide open :banana: