Averitt | Gathering info on Averitt Shuttle position. Mostly miles per week. And if recruiter is lying.

Brandonva804

TB Lurker
Credits
Recently applied for a shuttle position with Averitt. Recruiter said I could start at .715 cents per mile with two+ years of experience I have now.

But nothings confirmed until interview. So I have questions for Averitt shuttle drivers.

My current gig is extremely good. I work about six hours and fourty minutes making $1200 gross a week. That’s 32 hours a week I’m working. Day shift.

Money has been very low at $1200 gross a week and I want to be making like $1600+ a week with better health insurance.

So the recruiter is saying at top out drivers make like $87K a year. It sounds like linehaul with 53 trailer. At 0.715 a mile she said I’ll average 2350 miles a week. Can anyone confirm or can your miles me lower. Shift is 2000-0700.

Better healthcare insurance also. If I can average 2350 miles a week at 0.715 a mile that would be enough for me to make the jump.

But at my current job I’m averaging like $36.78 a hour working a 32 hour work week so I told recruiter I’ll move forward but only if they’ll start me at 0.715 a mile.

But the pay means nothing if miles not there. Can anyone confirm you get 2350 miles or more on a weekly basis. Is it set schedules?

Recently applied for a shuttle position with Averitt. Recruiter said I could start at .715 cents per mile with two+ years of experience I have now.

But nothings confirmed until interview. So I have questions for Averitt shuttle drivers.

My current gig is extremely good. I work about six hours and fourty minutes making $1200 gross a week. That’s 32 hours a week I’m working. Day shift.

Money has been very low at $1200 gross a week and I want to be making like $1600+ a week with better health insurance.

So the recruiter is saying at top out drivers make like $87K a year. It sounds like linehaul with 53 trailer. At 0.715 a mile she said I’ll average 2350 miles a week. Can anyone confirm or can your miles me lower. Shift is 2000-0700.

Better healthcare insurance also. If I can average 2350 miles a week at 0.715 a mile that would be enough for me to make the jump.

But at my current job I’m averaging like $36.78 a hour working a 32 hour work week so I told recruiter I’ll move forward but only if they’ll start me at 0.715 a mile.

But the pay means nothing if miles not there. Can anyone confirm you get 2350 miles or more on a weekly basis. Is it set schedules?
So you wanna work 23 more hours a week to get 400 more bucks ?

That’s a good question. That’s why I’m wondering do they get more miles than 2350
Which svc would you be looking to work out of? Some svc’s have short runs with yard or dock work to make up for the lack of miles. I didn’t realize we had recruiters for shuttle positions. There is usually a line of truckload drivers waiting on a shuttle position to open up.

Which svc would you be looking to work out of? Some svc’s have short runs with yard or dock work to make up for the lack of miles. I didn’t realize we had recruiters for shuttle positions. There is usually a line of truckload drivers waiting on a shuttle position to open up.
Richmond, VA. Yeah was wondering why no drivers took position but I definitely got a call. Who knows I might not get it if you say it’s a line of truckers waiting to get it.

Knoxville's last Shuttle driver was hired off the street. I will ask tonight when I see a Richmond driver how he thinks a bottom driver will run. I don't see any problem with you getting at least 2350 miles a week. If the economy bottoms out you will be forced to stay home because of lack of runs.

To answer your question of set schedules, newbies 99% start as extra board or unassigned as we call it. Home daily unless they have lay down runs meaning away two days a week.

If its a Recruiter he or she is a liar. Has always been.

God hired a recruiter for work force after the Adam and Eve Fiasco in Eden. He or she has been lying ever since.

I have never had a recruiter tell me anything worth listening to. Nothing that came out of a recruiter came to pass.

You learn to do as little as possible in trucking for the most money. I once worked a two day weekend every week dedicated to four resturants for about a thousand dollars after taxes. The Monday through friday I did what I pleased, sleeping, eating and being with friends. The truck quietly burned through its fuel. No problem.

Ultimately there is no money in trucking. Wife and I were a McKesson Team in 2001 and filed jointly for about 70,000 dollars income for the both of us. That worked out to maybe 4.55 a hour for 7500 logged hours in truck away from home for the each of us Or... 34000 dollars per person each.

There is no money in it. Not then not now not never. So you learn to do as little as possible provided the money supports the work you do.

I just spoke with a Richmond driver. You will turn Greensboro and work 4 hours on their dock. 99% forklift freight. If they hire you at top out pay you will gross 2072.00 a week.