Geary County,KAN.,I-70 Truck claims a Deer caused him to go off the road.

The driver of the 2001 Freightliner, Russell Rabuck, was going east on I-70 hauling a 53 foot box trailer full of frozen bread dough from Boulder, Colorado to Greenwood, Indiana when he says a deer caused him to swerve off of the interstate.

Here's an idea...hit the deer you do a lot less damage to your vehicle.

Right...............Good idea. I'll wreck the truck, risk my life, spill the cargo to miss the deer !! Hey I missed the bridge !!!!! What, no deer hair ??? or skid marks ???

I was traveling down a south Alabama country road one night. Came around a curve and saw a deer. I knew I was going to hit it so I just grabbed the steering wheel with both hands tight and plowed right over it...It did slight damage to the bumper but I didn't ditch my truck or try to swerve away and roll the truck...

As long as it is not a human,best to hold the lane,and hope for the best.
Any time you swerve and crash,then the Deer just goes on its merry way.
Well then you will be facing a very questionable crash,which could turn into a chargeable in short order.
Especially with no witnesses.

Drivers fall asleep at the wheel a lot with the hit the deer excuse.:1036316054:
It is best to have some deer hair on the truck somewhere to back up the story and also report "the deer ran into the truck", not visa versa. (I've got about 10 so far. none chargeable) Don't swerve, especially on a 2 lane with soft shoulders. If you do, there's a good chance you die or hit someone in opposite lane. Much better that Bambi dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
BEST of the 13 comments under Article:
by Rick Location: Yopeka on Nov 29, 2011 at 05:04 PM
15,000 dollar damage to median 76,000 to the truck, fresh dough late for delivery and possible lives in danger!...... Thank goodness the deer made it!!.....and I NEED A LICENSE TO HUNT!!!

Another Comment stated the person spoke to the EX-employed driver who was cleaning out his truck.
---
I hit 1 deer in December, '09 on Rt. 29 south of Charlottsville, Va., since my driving challenge/career started in late '98. There was embedded HAIR to prove it along with busted up fiberglass hood.

BEST of the 13 comments under Article:
by Rick Location: Yopeka on Nov 29, 2011 at 05:04 PM
15,000 dollar damage to median 76,000 to the truck, fresh dough late for delivery and possible lives in danger!...... Thank goodness the deer made it!!.....and I NEED A LICENSE TO HUNT!!!

Another Comment stated the person spoke to the EX-employed driver who was cleaning out his truck.
---
I hit 1 deer in December, '09 on Rt. 29 south of Charlottsville, Va., since my driving challenge/career started in late '98. There was embedded HAIR to prove it along with busted up fiberglass hood.
Hair is good, sometimes. I HATE trying to get those little curly ones out from between my teeth. Shaved is always much better !!