Georgia - Truck driver dies in I-75 wreck

ninthstargod

TB Lurker
Credits
A truck driver was killed Sunday night when his 18-wheeler struck a bridge support at Sardis Bridge on Interstate 75 North.

According to the Bibb County Sheriff's Office, the truck burst into flames upon striking the support about 9:30 p.m. It is believed the truck was hauling eggs.

No other cars were involved with the wreck, but traffic on both sides of I-75 was shut down for nearly an hour between mile markers 153 and 155 as emergency crews worked to clear the wreckage.

site link

I'm not sure where sardis bridge rd is but Bibb co. is 1/2 way down the Macon bypass (I-475) down to below Byron Ga. ................so it's M.P. 170 - about 150 on I-75

ace wheel cat said:
I'm not sure where sardis bridge rd is but Bibb co. is 1/2 way down the Macon bypass (I-475) down to below Byron Ga. ................so it's M.P. 170 - about 150 on I-75

I was there Sunday night when it happened. Thay had to use the constrution lights on the bridge to see if there was any damage to the bridge before they would let any rescue workers get to the truck.

It was a cabover and the driver was twisted up and crushed in the steering wheel and hanging out the side of the sleeper that was crushed to the thermo-king unit. They would not even let them cover him up until the bridge was deemed safe. I was on the southbound side of the bridge. It was at the 152 mm.....sad site to see on the end of Fathers Day!........KK