1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

POLITICS Getting Back On Truckingboards

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by AzPilot, Jan 12, 2020.

1. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

Well I fell off the wagon after 14 months of Truckingboard sobriety,I thought things might be different. Nothing has changed on here,people still go right to attacking others rather than arguing their position.
    If people on this board can't debate the content without attacking the poster then there is probably no reason to waste time debating on this forum. Yes I attacked back at times ,no one wants to be told they hate this country.As for being a loser,I think I am very fortunate to be in the position I am today, seem to have done the right things.

I love this country as much or more then anyone on this board, I served in the Army, my little brother was a Marine and my older brother had a career in the Navy. I still salute the Flag (no phony patriotism here) and believe that what makes America great is the diversity of it's citizens.

icuicp, Elwood, CCXdriver and 5 others like this.
  2. s pruitt

s pruitt Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    Thank you for serving sir!! I first came here after reading for years. My initial post was because I was also seeing a pattern of right leaning folks not being very happy. After all the president has delivered on everything he ran on and will probably win in a landslide this year. It makes little sense to me why people can't just have a little more respect here. It used to be moderated a little more conservatively.

Crystal likes this.
  3. falconfan

falconfan Well-Known Member

A great post.You do seem to have a disdain for Christianity and you have a right to. I enjoy going to the opposite side of the spectrum with ones belief system.
    Don't sweat the insults you can insult back but I agree that kind of gets old.
    The divide in this country couldn't be more clear,I for one feel everything you served for in the military is being attacked.
    Hillary and Barack both stated publicly that one of their favorite authors is Saul alinsky.
    Do some research on his book" rules for radicals "and I think you will see the Democrats ultimate goal.
    Perhaps you want to lose your liberties, you have that right as well.
    Magoo stands alone at times with everyone against him.If you stand firm in your beliefs get them out there.Thin skin won't get your word out.

4. s pruitt

Driver Since:
    Don't know where the distain for Christianity came from. Life long catholic. Best way to deal with insults is not have them at all. It doesn't bolster ones beliefs or views by calling someone a dumbass, Moran or ignorant. Glad to read your post falcon!

Toby and Crystal like this.
  5. AzPilot

You're welcome and you are right Trump has a very good chance of winning re-election, the democrats don't have a united vision for the future. Yes I wish there was a little more moderation on this forum.

6. AzPilot

I don't hate Christianity I was just pointing out the similarities of the different religions when someone was disparaging another religion. I was baptized A Mormon then a Christian till about 50 and now lets just say I'm non religious.

Many assume that if you are not a Trump supporter you must support Obama and Hillary.
    I voted for Obama the first time as a single issue voter and in 2012 I couldn't support him any longer and voted for Romney.
    As for Hillary I could stomach her and voted for Gary Johnson.
    I think both parties are out of touch with the struggles of the average American and the reason I'm an Independent.

Gotta give Magoo credit he sticks in there no matter the insults thrown at him.

icuicp, crazy, falconfan and 3 others like this.
  7. s pruitt

Driver Since:
    I don't know Jeff personally, but he sounds like from most here that he is a good dude. My guess would be that he would rather not have to babysit us. A little respect both ways would go a long way. If it gets bad I just try to say we'll just agree to disagree. Most everyone on here seems to be really good people and great Americans. This goes for both sides. We just have fundamental disagreements how we need our country ran

8. s pruitt

Driver Since:
    Sorry falcon! Thought you were replying to my post!

icuicp, jimmy g and falconfan like this.
  9. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    Why no more religion?

10. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Thank you I'm a hopeless case, I keep thinking they might actually take a real look at Trump.
    He's full of hostility all the time bashing this one or that one. It's not what I'm used to in a President. I want someone who conducts themselves respectfully at all times, they are the chief executive of our country and should have a lot more decorum then the rest of us have. Even when speaking of rival nations, it should be done tastefully in public, they can say what they please behind closed doors. Stand with the laws and people of this nation and don't appear to give quarter to our adversaries'. And stirring up crowds by saying your going to jail your political opponent is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
    We are wading in scary territory, all it would take is to step in a deep hole.

AzPilot and s pruitt like this.
  11. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    A lot of insults are thrown in both directions, george knighton and magoo ride around on some mighty high horses.....

12. s pruitt

Driver Since:
    I agree with a lot of your post. you are one tough dude!

13. s pruitt

Driver Since:
    we could all do a little better.

14. SuperCourse

SuperCourse EADGBE

90% of the media hammers Trump constantly over inane minutiae, this is a good place for people that don't hate him to vent a little. If the media treated him fairly none of this would be necessary.

15. SuperCourse

SuperCourse EADGBE

:fingure:

flybynite, buffalobill and Rastus like this.
  16. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Maybe it has gone on much longer than I realize......but the left has been the party of insults, pretty much until Rush Limbaugh hit the airwaves.
    Saturday night live always leaned left. Alot of TV and entertainers, music and acting, and their interviewers always leaned left.
    And rudeness and rudeness and being unrelenting has gained them votes the whole time through. They could picture GOP as WWII Germans all the way thru.....very rude but always acceptable to them.
    The left traditionally seems to have rebelled against normal decent rules since the hippies, Meathead and Gloria, and George McGovern. They keep the young people's vote that way. Rachel Maddow and I'm sure alot of other lefty media people are rude and look down on Republicans today.

Now, one of their own creation, a guy who was on tabloids, and was on TV.....comes along and acts the same as those who help the left win.....and they want what?
    They want him to act nice and neat and proper......so they once again can hold the power of bashing.
    They want him to sit uncomfortably and be bashed like GW Bush did.

Who cares what he says?
    Our feelings cannot be more important than everything all of the time.
    It is results in policy that we want.
    I will post again as a reminder of a childhood rhyme in my childhood.
    Sticks and stones can break my bones.
    But WORDS CAN NEVER HURT ME.

OR NAMES CAN NEVER HURT ME.

That was so we would not worry about name calling or words.
    Action is what counts.
    We need to grow up.
    Only lawyers and judges make money off of this babycrap...amd adults who sue for baby stuff and now our childish courts and politicians support it...more free money for those who don't earn it....Awarded and entitled to money just because they were born.

crazy, Toby and buffalobill like this.
  17. AzPilot

Like most I went along with my religion(wasn't chosen by me)without giving it much thought.Later in life I started reading the bible also read "The God Delusion" and another book by a clergy that no longer believes and came to the conclusion that more than likely there is no God. I COULD BE WRONG but I believe being a good person is more important. I think if I just went to church or said I believe to cover my bases,if there is a God he would know.

White, Magoo, Crystal and 1 other person like this.
  18. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA..

Driver Since:
    Generally the left gets to decide what groups are off limits, what groups can be insulted, what’s bigotry what’s not if all their rules applied on Tb nobody would bother.

19. AzPilot

You are right,I look at his morals and character and how he represents the country on the international stage.
    IMO he doesn't have the emotional intelligence that a good leader needs which is plainly visible watching him deal with other world leaders and the fact that he has a huge turnover in his staff.

Pup Driver and Magoo like this.
  20. s pruitt

Driver Since:
    In all fairness supercourse 8 years with president Obama and this political site was 99% negative for the man

Magoo likes this.