Estes | Getting busier?

Estands4evil

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems like everyone dropped off the face of the Earth around here. :biglaugh: Just wanted to see if freight levels are picking up anywhere else? We thought at first it must just be the end of the month, but we're steady. Haven't been offered a home early in about a month, and there's off and on talk of some OT being made mandatory. They also aren't turning anyone away that wants to work OT. :1036316054: Guess HD must need seriously resupplied, or maybe we're gaining some new customers?

Not sure where you are seeing any OT but that is a very bad word out west. A few i've talked with are getting a little but TM's are having balls busted to prevent it. Talked to a yard jockey the other night who claims he was wrote up for 1 click over his eight. Definantly seems to be picking up some but still seems a little sporadic.

Not sure where you are seeing any OT but that is a very bad word out west. A few i've talked with are getting a little but TM's are having balls busted to prevent it. Talked to a yard jockey the other night who claims he was wrote up for 1 click over his eight. Definantly seems to be picking up some but still seems a little sporadic.

I'm sure there's some sort of "cap" put in place to prevent someone from getting over 55 hours to actually earn OT pay, but like I said we're steady enough that guys are coming in early and staying late if they choose to. I also think it might have something to do with being understaffed. We've lost probably 7 to 10 dock guys over the last few months due to quitting, or being fired. Here @ 024 our shifts are 9 hours 8 1/2 spent working 1/2 hour for lunch. So we all end up working at minimum 42.5 hours a week.

Here on the west coast they have to pay dock yard and hourly office staff OT after 8 and p&d guys get it after 48 but as I said very few are seeing it and there is a storm that follows when it happens.

Seems like everyone dropped off the face of the Earth around here. :biglaugh: Just wanted to see if freight levels are picking up anywhere else? We thought at first it must just be the end of the month, but we're steady. Haven't been offered a home early in about a month, and there's off and on talk of some OT being made mandatory. They also aren't turning anyone away that wants to work OT. :1036316054: Guess HD must need seriously resupplied, or maybe we're gaining some new customers?

Man get it while its there and stock pile it. :1036316054:

getting busier

starting to pick up at o69 and not soon enough they kicked every ones start time back one to two hours they really screwed us when they opened romulos took 3/4 our people

starting to pick up at o69 and not soon enough they kicked every ones start time back one to two hours they really screwed us when they opened romulos took 3/4 our people

I couldn't believe the amount of P&D guys the lastest edition of the Estes mag said, that Det had. Glad to hear things are looking up for you folks in Grand Rapids :1036316054:

Here at 024 we're experiencing a really nice end of month boost in freight levels.. Plenty of work, just not enough equipment to accomodate the amount of freight. Whose bright idea was it to have a 4 to 1 ratio between pups and dollie converter units?? :chairshot: Hope the freight's finding the rest of you all :smilie_132:

Must not be too important, I've never heard of him either. :stirthepot: Sounds like another management type trying to make a name for himself.

Yea,thats just what we need another clueless hired gun that thinks he will be the one that will finally straighten out the bigE.Where do they find these guys?

Yea,thats just what we need another clueless hired gun that thinks he will be the one that will finally straighten out the bigE.Where do they find these guys?

Tom lamb hes the terminal manager at cleveland.good thing you people haven't had the pleasure. I guess hes the trouble shooter for ron giordan aka {district manager} for our area.He went right from sales in indy to the position.