FedEx Freight | Giving The Raise Back Plus .12 Cents

I took the raise option. My wife was able to get insurance at her place as a single since we don't need a family plan. With her cost and mine I will actually save $50 a week. Thanks FredEx. It's what happens with the cost next year when all of us payed in less then the family plan.

FEDEX will wish some a not so happy new years. Hello spousal surcharge get ready to return approximately .87 cents per hour starting in 2020.

Fed ex taketh from you and giveth right back more than likely to someone that doesn't have to pay penalty with the new JOM program.

It will be interesting what happens to those of us who dropped our spouse this October. Most of my insurance savings are being funneled into my Roth's this year.

It will be interesting what happens to those of us who dropped our spouse this October. Most of my insurance savings are being funneled into my Roth's this year.
I myself also found a loophole so I’m not subjected to the fine. But for the other employees who will have to pay the fine or premiums with the spouses employer I feel the pain. Can’t just pay premiums with another provider and call it a savings. Still money going out.

I myself also found a loophole so I’m not subjected to the fine. But for the other employees who will have to pay the fine or premiums with the spouses employer I feel the pain. Can’t just pay premiums with another provider and call it a savings. Still money going out.

I can call it a savings when you add both premiums and I will now pay $175 less per month then I would have on the family plan here. Yes the money is still going out but I changed where it is going and the savings are getting invested into my retirement. Hate to say it but the "spouse penalty" was a benefit to me. Maybe my wife is getting a good deal at her work or perhaps FedEx has been overcharging us. It all falls on the "family" premium charge and since we do not have children we pay the individual premium now. Charging the two of us for the family plan was never fair either. Her coverage is comparable to ours so it's a win for us. As unfair as it is I do feel FedEx will find a way to penalize the rest of us next round.

I can call it a savings when you add both premiums and I will now pay $175 less per month then I would have on the family plan here. Yes the money is still going out but I changed where it is going and the savings are getting invested into my retirement. Hate to say it but the "spouse penalty" was a benefit to me. Maybe my wife is getting a good deal at her work or perhaps FedEx has been overcharging us. It all falls on the "family" premium charge and since we do not have children we pay the individual premium now. Charging the two of us for the family plan was never fair either. Her coverage is comparable to ours so it's a win for us. As unfair as it is I do feel FedEx will find a way to penalize the rest of us next round.
I agree it was unfair not to offer a employee and spouse plan and to be forced on a family plan. They would have accomplished a lot by offering 4 options instead of 3. I think we all argued that point last year. It’s going to be interesting going into 2021 let’s hope for the best.