Central Transport | glad I got out

sic puppy

TB Lurker
Credits
Happy thankgiving to all. Have wanted to post for awhile but didnt want to jinx myself. Left vitran end of august found fantastic job good people work equipment benifits. Managment is great.the grass is greener.cant begin to believe the stress you guys are under. Hope all the best to all of you in your job search.
Ever since leaving I have so much less stress couldnt take working in that enviourment anymore. Just miss some of the great people I worked with. Good luck to all my old vitran brothers and sisters. God bless you all
t
t
r

Happy thankgiving to all. Have wanted to post for awhile but didnt want to jinx myself. Left vitran end of august found fantastic job good people work equipment benifits. Managment is great.the grass is greener.cant begin to believe the stress you guys are under. Hope all the best to all of you in your job search.
Ever since leaving I have so much less stress couldnt take working in that enviourment anymore. Just miss some of the great people I worked with. Good luck to all my old vitran brothers and sisters. God bless you all
t
t
r

Working on my departure brother. So glad you are happy. Wish more people would realize what you did. Starting over is hard, but working for a company that robs you like Central does is even harder. Best of luck to you!

Working on my departure brother. So glad you are happy. Wish more people would realize what you did. Starting over is hard, but working for a company that robs you like Central does is even harder. Best of luck to you!

Yeah I was hesitant to leave now last person on senioriry list but still its all good if you r in the detroit r
terminal get a hold of me I might be able to get you in where I am at just got my 90 in thismweek thy still need more drivers local home daily no cost family insurance uaw no touch dont have to deal wi5h all the a holes we had to deal with
on

Hay sic puppy I did the same ,got out of there and the job I have now is awesome no real stress and very cool people, I should have left a long time ago I can also say the grass is greener on the other side, you may be working for the same company as I now am.no looking back for me only that I did not do it sooner!!!!!:kicking:

Congratulations on your new job!

What's auto transport like? I saw a local in my area for auto transport. I keep forgetting to ask my husband if he's interested in that. (I'm very well versed on what he absolutely does not want to do. LOL) Is it similar to flatbed in that you have to climb around and secure the load in all types of weather?

What's auto transport like? I saw a local in my area for auto transport. I keep forgetting to ask my husband if he's interested in that. (I'm very well versed on what he absolutely does not want to do. LOL) Is it similar to flatbed in that you have to climb around and secure the load in all types of weather?

He's not doing the final product, he services the plants with parts in a dry van.

Typically, truckload, no touch freight. Go out to the supplier, bump the dock, they load you, run it to an auto plant or warehouse, bump the dock, and they unload you while you sit and wait. Go make another trip. Some are drop and hook such as with Chrysler, Ford or GM. Less stress, less headache, basically just drive from point A to B.

Others like Transfreight for Toyota, you take empty dunnage to the various suppliers, bump the dock, they unload all the dunnage, then reload their outbound freight onto the trailer, keep their dunnage, then put the other suppliers MT dunnage back on trailer and you move to the next stop to repeat the process. Hope that helps.

He's not doing the final product, he services the plants with parts in a dry van.

Typically, truckload, no touch freight. Go out to the supplier, bump the dock, they load you, run it to an auto plant or warehouse, bump the dock, and they unload you while you sit and wait. Go make another trip. Some are drop and hook such as with Chrysler, Ford or GM. Less stress, less headache, basically just drive from point A to B.

Others like Transfreight for Toyota, you take empty dunnage to the various suppliers, bump the dock, they unload all the dunnage, then reload their outbound freight onto the trailer, keep their dunnage, then put the other suppliers MT dunnage back on trailer and you move to the next stop to repeat the process. Hope that helps.
Yes it does. My thanks to both of you. I thought it was hauling cars on those big contraptions, which I imagine is worse than flatbed in regards to securing loads in winter weather. When I saw auto parts ads, I always thought of the dealership delivery drivers. Now I know there's actually good paying CDL jobs out there. I should have known but the ads aren't very clear. I greatly appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge here. It saves my husband from being bombarded by questions on his off time.

Yes it does. My thanks to both of you. I thought it was hauling cars on those big contraptions, which I imagine is worse than flatbed in regards to securing loads in winter weather. When I saw auto parts ads, I always thought of the dealership delivery drivers. Now I know there's actually good paying CDL jobs out there. I should have known but the ads aren't very clear. I greatly appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge here. It saves my husband from being bombarded by questions on his off time.

I hear being a car hauler driver is hard work but also pays well. Flat bed is tooo much work for me, chaining and tarping. No thanks. In a pinch you may even look into temp services, a lot of good companies hire out of the temp service once they have tried you out to see if you are worth keeping.

I hear being a car hauler driver is hard work but also pays well. Flat bed is tooo much work for me, chaining and tarping. No thanks.
My husband trained on flatbed after he finished CDL school. He did no like it and luckily wasn't assigned a flatbed route after training. I suspect he wouldn't like car hauling for the same reason. It looks like a multilevel flatbed nightmare. Imagine climbing to the top level of that thing in an ice storm to secure the load.