FedEx Freight | Going to be more like freight??? (heard it thruogh the grapevine)

the plan is to run them identical. merging them at this point is almost impossible. find a freight center that is not at capacity right now. (door pressure, equipment, staffing). the hubs are even worse. so yes its in the plan, but to pull it off they need a slow down in freight, perhaps towards the fall. That plan may change based on the economy and the competition failing.
so i would assume that your job would be safe at fedex national.

[quote author=smooth1222 link=topic=79648.msg834600#msg834600 date=1275466549]
the plan is to run them identical. merging them at this point is almost impossible. find a freight center that is not at capacity right now. (door pressure, equipment, staffing). the hubs are even worse. so yes its in the plan, but to pull it off they need a slow down in freight, perhaps towards the fall. That plan may change based on the economy and the competition failing.
so i would assume that your job would be safe at fedex national.
[/quote]If they're gonna run natl like freight they have a loooooonnng way to go!!!! Worked at both, and it's night vs day.

This is not a rumor (my following comments), I work at a call center where we have the FedEx account. We schedule (along with other services) PUs for Express & Ground (Home Delivery also).

This summer there will be a change in how we process calls for Ground & Home Delivery. Our trainers are going to a meeting/seminar to learn how 1Source will change. I don't have any more details than that. Just that ground is going to change. What changes I don't know yet. :thumbsup:

[quote author=cocheesehead link=topic=79648.msg832143#msg832143 date=1274584363]
Everyone used to say that Fedex Ground and Fedex Express were going to merge also---gee last time I looked they were still 2 seperate divisions, just like Fedex Frt and Fedex Ntl, the only thing going on in here is someone wanting to start rumors and stir up a bunch of BS, there will not be a merger--my opinion and I am entitled to it just like all the trouble makers starting rumors in here :threadsux: :drama: :thumbsup: :duel: :buttkisser:
[/quote]

FedEx LTL owns some of the biggest yards in the country. So combine ? Why ? So hostlers can get more miles than you ? Think about it.......... If you have common sense

I'm with SharpShooter having worked at both it IS night and day some good some bad.........but operationaly National has a long way to go to catch up with Freight. Now don't get me wrong I like working at National and they are good people there and I don't plan on going back to Freight even though I've been asked to a few times,but some of the stuff I've seen going on would get u fired at Freight. Be thankful for the job you have!