Gone, but not forgotten.

Finally merged forums, hopefully no more bickering.
Will never forget the good times we had.....so many great memories. Met a lot of good friends that I will always keep in touch with. As bad as it got at Vitran in the end I can't help but think Chris Keylon got a raw deal. In hind site he tried to salvage what he could but was set up to fail, he never had a chance. He never cut our pay on his watch.....He kept our vacation and pto the same....Let us keep the pretty good insurance.... And gave us a really nice safety jacket.......Those tablets were pretty nice with the GPS and Google also...He wasn't perfect but he could have been a hell of a lot worse....I know many hated him but as I look back I don't think he was that bad....Just my take....As far as the bickering jeepstr that will always exist and that's OK....Let's just try to keep the hate and bitterness in check.

pjax was the good old days for me, it slowly went downhill when vitran purchased them. from a reliable source the hamill family was considering on purchasing vitran before the mourouns but they asked kosovec for his advise and he told them it was too far gone. hope all former vitran employees have a great 2014 and i won't be posting in the central transport forums.

Well, it's officially over. Thanks Jeff, for letting us hang on for as long as you did. Even though I'm an outsider(as so many of my former co-workers are) now, I still feel a bit of a loss. Great friends were made if only by way of the Vitran forum. Good luck to all of you, no matter where your paycheck comes from. Just hope that the people over at CT realize it was never personal(for most of us), it was just family.

Well, it's officially over. Thanks Jeff, for letting us hang on for as long as you did. Even though I'm an outsider(as so many of my former co-workers are) now, I still feel a bit of a loss. Great friends were made if only by way of the Vitran forum. Good luck to all of you, no matter where your paycheck comes from. Just hope that the people over at CT realize it was never personal(for most of us), it was just family.
It did get heated at times for many of us.....But your right, at least for me............It never got personal.... I was almost always able to rise above the petty differences and look at the bright side....For what it's worth.

As a old Overland driver, it is still sad to see the demise of this company. I hope that all drivers were able to find some peace.

Sorry to see you end up in the boneyard, sorry to see things end the way they did for all of you. Good luck in your future endeavors. We are not in good times at all for the working man in America.

Why is Vitran Express in the boneyard? Vitran is still alive and well as Vitran DBA Central Ohio. You can Google it. Lawyers are looking into this. There is a Great fraud Going on and the lawsuits are coming.

Why is Vitran Express in the boneyard? Vitran is still alive and well as Vitran DBA Central Ohio. You can Google it. Lawyers are looking into this. There is a Great fraud Going on and the lawsuits are coming.

that's central transport of ohio. they purchased vitran u.s., so it's legal.

Will never forget the good times we had.....so many great memories. Met a lot of good friends that I will always keep in touch with. As bad as it got at Vitran in the end I can't help but think Chris Keylon got a raw deal. In hind site he tried to salvage what he could but was set up to fail, he never had a chance. He never cut our pay on his watch.....He kept our vacation and pto the same....Let us keep the pretty good insurance.... And gave us a really nice safety jacket.......Those tablets were pretty nice with the GPS and Google also...He wasn't perfect but he could have been a hell of a lot worse....I know many hated him but as I look back I don't think he was that bad....Just my take....As far as the bickering jeepstr that will always exist and that's OK....Let's just try to keep the hate and bitterness in check.

RWT
I cant say anything about Keylon over at Vitran, but when he was at FedEx freight, he was a really good guy!!!

Hope the best for all you guys in 2014 and beyond!

I talked to Chris a few times and he seemed nice and I thought he knew what he was doing, but even the best captain and crew wouldn't have been able to save the titanic after she hit the iceberg, and that is just what Chris walked into the titanic after she hit but hadn't sunk yet, and he thought he could save her but she had taken on to much water already.

I worked at PJAX for a couple years back in '03 / '04 .
I ran out of a satellite of Harrisburg, PA.
It was the worst outfit I've ever seen in my 16 years of driving to date.
They didn't care if you were out of hours, over gross weight,
if your trailer lights didn't work, truck ran hot, etc.
You were goin no matter what.
Once they put 56k lbs in the box and wanted me to run to Columbus.
They couldn't figure out why I said no.
This was a routine occurance.

I lost count of how many times I argued with dispatch over that.
They had no regard for safety or DOT regs whatsoever.
The ops manager was fired for stealing freight off the dock and
selling fuel under the table to owner operators that came in.
The drivers were complete scum there too.
They would try and steal anything in yer truck that wasn't nailed down.
I saw several top pay drivers with 10 or 15 years of service get canned
so some new guy could come in at a lower rate.
A complete scumbag outfit all the way around.
Nothing to miss from that place.

Pjax trailers are junk thanks for handing over your crap to us

I couldn't agree more.
During my brief time at 'the JAX' I thot I was in the junkyard of lost trailers.
Lights that wouldn't work, doors that wouldn't shut, bent rims, flat tires, missing pins off the rails.
I could go on & on but you get the idea.
Their tractors weren't much better.
There was a time when DOT threatened to shut em down if they didn't shape up.
As I said earlier, I don't see why these other guys miss that place so much.

I couldn't agree more.
During my brief time at 'the JAX' I thot I was in the junkyard of lost trailers.
Lights that wouldn't work, doors that wouldn't shut, bent rims, flat tires, missing pins off the rails.
I could go on & on but you get the idea.
Their tractors weren't much better.
There was a time when DOT threatened to shut em down if they didn't shape up.
As I said earlier, I don't see why these other guys miss that place so much.
Most don't.....Trust me, but I do miss the good drivers.