Gonzalez Leads Letter To President Asking For Support To Address Pension Crisis

And it's nice to see bi-partisan support in this issue.......But the Butch Lewis Act bill is sitting in that big stack of House-passed Bills on Mitch McConnell's desk,....for the last month or so.....

Any word on how Mr. Trump feels about ....pension relief?
there are articles (including the thread under this one) saying that he says he will sign a bill to save pensions. You knew that. We've (you and I) discussed it before.

Gonzo (Representative Anthony Gonzoles) was an Indianapolis Colt before injuries ended his football career. I'm glad he found a new career and wish him well!!!!!

there are articles (including the thread under this one) saying that he says he will sign a bill to save pensions. You knew that. We've (you and I) discussed it before.

I'm sorry,...I must've forgotten. You say he will definately sign the Butch Lewis Act once the Senate passes it? I see that there's a proposal to tack it onto the USMCA legislation.
But Richard Trumka said: "Tacking good legislation onto bad legislation is not a guarantee of support...".

I'm sorry,...I must've forgotten. You say he will definately sign the Butch Lewis Act once the Senate passes it? I see that there's a proposal to tack it onto the USMCA legislation.
But Richard Trumka said: "Tacking good legislation onto bad legislation is not a guarantee of support...".
I didn’t say Congress would pass it. I didn’t say it’s good legislation. What I said was Trump said he will sign a meaningful pension saving law. My personal opinion is that Butch Lewis Act is NOT such. Many on here believe it is. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if it comes to a vote, if it passes, and if he signs it.

I think Trump will sign ANYTHING, myself. He wants to claim a victory.

I didn’t say Congress would pass it. I didn’t say it’s good legislation. What I said was Trump said he will sign a meaningful pension saving law. My personal opinion is that Butch Lewis Act is NOT such. Many on here believe it is. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if it comes to a vote, if it passes, and if he signs it.

I think Trump will sign ANYTHING, myself. He wants to claim a victory.

And that,....I will agree with you......Let's hope he's surrounded himself with good advisors that will steer him away from bad legislation....

And that,....I will agree with you......Let's hope he's surrounded himself with good advisors that will steer him away from bad legislation....
I believe Grassley will change Butch Lewis to bail out the PBGC, which will help you and me. Probably much in the vein that the 2009 Senate changed a House Bill to become ObamaCare.

I cant see the Senate bailing out 100% of anything. 30-50% I can see. And Trump will sign anything that passes...

I believe Grassley will change Butch Lewis to bail out the PBGC, which will help you and me. Probably much in the vein that the 2009 Senate changed a House Bill to become ObamaCare.

I cant see the Senate bailing out 100% of anything. 30-50% I can see. And Trump will sign anything that passes...

Several groups I never thought would support anything that benefited organized labor have come out in support of pension reform. One of those groups is the Chamber of Commerce. Their opinion is that pension failure will result in less spending for goods their members depend on for profit. The Chamber of Commerce is normally opposed to collective bargaining. There is a saying that politics make strange bedfellows.