Good Business to start or buy

Pizza could work,I live in a very small upstate NY town & there are 9 pizza places within 2 miles.
They all seem to be doing well,a few deliver,some don't,you gotta pick it up yourself.
But like I say they all seem to be making a living,they been in business for awhile.

Everyone fixes stUff..... more will be added to the gAme sO prices will drop for service work. Lets compete with Rodriguez now..
GO get Em'...

I like zEro ideas suggested to Stan The Man.... please, keep goWing

Hay Mud...
Go Blue !!
My father -in-law has a little lawn business. One of his customers told him, that a Mexican said he'd cut her lawn for 10 bucks cheaper. Father-n -law said "ofcourse he will, he stole his equipment, I actually paid for mine"..LMAO....it's true too, he's had all his stuff stolen atleast once, even his trailer right out of his driveway

My father -in-law has a little lawn business. One of his customers told him, that a Mexican said he'd cut her lawn for 10 bucks cheaper. Father-n -law said "ofcourse he will, he stole his equipment, I actually paid for mine"..LMAO....it's true too, he's had all his stuff stolen atleast once, even his trailer right out of his driveway

I spent 20+ yrs as a contractor. .. we put $300 in ever job to pay "just for theft." I would of moved from Dayton but my house was paid ,
Kids in scHool. Etc...

Sorry Big Dave, you'd have to bare with me on those entrees. See I'm a Yankee, PA Dutch Yankee at that so it'd have to be more like eggs and scrapple, pancakes and waffles go really well with scrapple too. Then there's pork roll. It's good as a side or on a egg, cheese, pork roll and mushroom sandwich. Of course I'd only use Cooper Sharp cheese on that sandwich unless you requested swiss or provolone. Then we have some good bacon in this area too and it's useable in same case as pork roll, as is sausage and ham too. And those four all go good in an omelet in any combination. Never had scrapple in an omelet but it can go well on an egg sandwich. No grits up here either so it's homefries or hash browns. I don't have a good recipe for creamed chipped beef either but I do have a good cookbook and could create one fairly easily, same with sausage and biscuits if you give me some time. Omelets come with all kinds of stuff in them and I'd run a special on one or another on Saturdays. Bread's pretty standard and bagels and English muffins of course. And of course no charge for coffee refills and if you're a regular you'll have your own coffee cup. If you want I can leave the old coffee stains in it for you or not, your choice. That gets the breakfast menu started.
What is scrapple Brother? I have never heard of that.

true that would be..

but a good old fashion, "mom & pop" pizzeria will always out do the card board taste of those big chains....especially if one can bake up spinach pies and calzones as well....

Calzones & Spinach Pies Step-by-Step | Ciao from Debbie

My dream has always been to open up a pizza place and really do it right, give folks what the chains can't...a good consistant product!

Sorry Big Dave, you'd have to bare with me on those entrees. See I'm a Yankee, PA Dutch Yankee at that so it'd have to be more like eggs and scrapple, pancakes and waffles go really well with scrapple too. Then there's pork roll. It's good as a side or on a egg, cheese, pork roll and mushroom sandwich. Of course I'd only use Cooper Sharp cheese on that sandwich unless you requested swiss or provolone. Then we have some good bacon in this area too and it's useable in same case as pork roll, as is sausage and ham too. And those four all go good in an omelet in any combination. Never had scrapple in an omelet but it can go well on an egg sandwich. No grits up here either so it's homefries or hash browns. I don't have a good recipe for creamed chipped beef either but I do have a good cookbook and could create one fairly easily, same with sausage and biscuits if you give me some time. Omelets come with all kinds of stuff in them and I'd run a special on one or another on Saturdays. Bread's pretty standard and bagels and English muffins of course. And of course no charge for coffee refills and if you're a regular you'll have your own coffee cup. If you want I can leave the old coffee stains in it for you or not, your choice. That gets the breakfast menu started.

I would work for you GT..... your my Hero Boss !!

I would hire you Woodman, your my hero btw, I've never known anyone like you, I would make you the CEO, CFO, EEG, KFT, and whatever else I could muster up ;)

GT, you should just do an In n Out ripoff. Heck, you're in Okiehoma....In n Out ain't never gonna go there....:p

GT, you should just do an In n Out ripoff. Heck, you're in Okiehoma....In n Out ain't never gonna go there....:p

I was hoping I could get a franchise cheap since I'm in OK! I would do it up right, that is if I didn't eat up all the profits, I've been dreaming about double doubles lately!

What is scrapple Brother? I have never heard of that.
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that question. It sounds gross. It is everything that is not bacon, ribs, chops, sausage, ham and roasts, if you get my drift. We have a saying here in PA, "When we butcher a pig all that gets away is the oink." I know it sounds gross but it's no different than what goes into a hot dog or bologna but it has some other spices and corn meal in it. Hatfield Scrapple Nutrition Information | ShopWell Is my favorite brand second only to the stuff our butcher used to make.

is plenty of competition for whatever service you plan. There are people who just go outside Home Depot, pick a guy up for a day's labor. There are just as many people who only deal with Craigs list too. All those clients are worthless. . If you are planning to go into a service business you have to have a good website. There are just as many people who only hire via the internet. You need a good name for your service ( not "Stans"....) You get some people to give you favorable google reviews. There are people who only make choices by google reviews. But the Holy Grail is "Angies List" There are people who only hire off Angie's.

Another thought. I grew up on Long Island. Great delis all over. Everything was done in house. Not pre-cooked. Salads from a bucket.
Love to do that in my area, Lancaster Pa. People would find out what a real sammy is like

I tried to convince my wife to move to the Lancaster area. I thought Ephrata was perfect. but....
When I had my reefer I did frozen ltl to that whole area Shady Maple, MB,Henry's seafood....
My truck was leased to Triple Crown up last year, but the Bethlehem Terminal

I live in Denver.Decent place. Try Four Seasons Produce. I think they use O/O. Also Supervalue.
Dont know much about either