Good Business to start or buy

I live in Denver.Decent place. Try Four Seasons Produce. I think they use O/O. Also Supervalue.
Dont know much about either

I am out of trucking.

I walk dogs

Been to Denver Cold Storage many times.

Sauders Egg farm too.

One day I hope to say that with no regrets and no desire to return either. Ha

There are segments of the trucking industry where you could utilize your contacts, experience and knowledge to provide a service without really being "in trucking".

Just some examples: Emergency roadside service, HazMat training, Freight bill factoring, CDL training.

It's more fun to completely re invent yourself in a non trucking enterprise where you deal with regular people.
I don't miss trucking at all.
Except I do dream I'm driving from time to time
Or I wake up at 2 am and think I overslept
My favorite show is Ice road truckers
and I drive a Toyota Tacoma with a manual transmission
that's about it
oh yeah
I also sell frozen dog food
so about every 6 weeks I drive about 150 miles to pick up dog food
30 cases...high and tight

It's more fun to completely re invent yourself in a non trucking enterprise where you deal with regular people.
I don't miss trucking at all.
Except I do dream I'm driving all night from time to time
Or I wake up at 2 am and think I missed last call
My favorite show is Ice cream truckers
and I drive a Toyota Tacoma with a manual transmission
that's about it
oh yeah
I also sell frozen dog food
so about every 6 weeks I drive about 150 miles to pick up dog food
30 cases...high and tight

There. Fixed! :hysterical:

One thing a freind of mine found out being next to Mesa State in Grand Jct. Co. Is that the students have money at the begining of the semester but they are eating top ramen from the middle to the end of the semester so his sandwich/ hotdog/hamburger place did well at the begining of each semester and slowed down in the middle to end of each semester.

My hometown..and Mesa State is now Colorado Mesa University..CMU..and they all call it *** You. Nice ring to it don't you think? This is my sarcasm speaking of course. But the sandwich shop down at the college is good but a bit pricey.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that question. It sounds gross. It is everything that is not bacon, ribs, chops, sausage, ham and roasts, if you get my drift. We have a saying here in PA, "When we butcher a pig all that gets away is the oink." I know it sounds gross but it's no different than what goes into a hot dog or bologna but it has some other spices and corn meal in it. Hatfield Scrapple Nutrition Information | ShopWell Is my favorite brand second only to the stuff our butcher used to make.

My grandmother used to make scrapple, haven't had it in years..it was yummy, browned and with syrup on it. :)

My grandmother used to make scrapple, haven't had it in years..it was yummy, browned and with syrup on it. :)
I like mine thick, crispy outside soft gooey inside. Many people like it thin and crispy all the way through but I think that takes the flavor out of it. And it is odd how syrup goes so well with it.

I like mine thick, crispy outside soft gooey inside. Many people like it thin and crispy all the way through but I think that takes the flavor out of it. And it is odd how syrup goes so well with it.

Yeah who knew syrup would go good on pig bits and corn meal? Lol

You need to get into the "Trucking Forum Business" According to a bunch of people here, it will make you rich.

My dream has always been to open up a pizza place and really do it right, give folks what the chains can't...a good consistant product!

You never know GT, this couple used to be my neighbor when I lived in Springfield MO. Rented a home from them across the road from their beautiful mansion, lol. They were good down to earth folks who had the same dream. They are very rich now.
Our Story | Incredible Pizza Company| Corporate

If I could start a business, I would start an old-fashioned type general store. It would have wood floors and rocking chairs on the front porch. Everything would have an "aged" look. The store would have a variety of locally made products. Everything would be straight from local farms and crafters. Everything from fresh honey and fresh milk to homemade soap and hand stitched quilts. There would be fresh coffee and sweet tea always made and free for those who wanted to sit on the front porch and chew the fat, lol.

Anyone know anything and/or anyone who started/runs a CDL trucking school? Thinking that's gotta be in demand... idk

I want to take a welding class soon. I like to tinker and make gadgets to make life easier and making things and selling them at flea markets sounds like it could be a good retirement gig.

You need to get into the "Trucking Forum Business" According to a bunch of people here, it will make you rich.

I agree, heck I put a nice down payment on a new caddy from the bonus you sent me! BTW, that really was kind of you but way to much, you must be getting filthy rich Jeff ;) LOL!

I agree, heck I put a nice down payment on a new caddy from the bonus you sent me! BTW, that really was kind of you but way to much, you must be getting filthy rich Jeff ;) LOL!

I drive a truck as a hobby

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that question. It sounds gross. It is everything that is not bacon, ribs, chops, sausage, ham and roasts, if you get my drift. We have a saying here in PA, "When we butcher a pig all that gets away is the oink." I know it sounds gross but it's no different than what goes into a hot dog or bologna but it has some other spices and corn meal in it. Hatfield Scrapple Nutrition Information | ShopWell Is my favorite brand second only to the stuff our butcher used to make.
So in a nutshell its lips and buttholes?