Good Food Thread

We had one fella who was a heroin addict. It eventually killed him when he ran out of injecting sites on his entire body. As in all of it.

One night we put him out into the forest. The withdrawals had him in dry heaves until dawn. About 14 hours straight. I did not think until that night a human can endure such puking. Thats not puking as we understand it. Thats something that should have killed him there and then.

You dont need Nancy to tell others to say no after hearing that first hand.

I came across this today.
This is some good food.
Good article about competition and how the Japanese view steak.

The Wagyu Olympics: The quest for the world's best beef

Held every five years, the Zenkyo beef competition is only partially about winning. It's also about the Japanese concept of "ikigai" and the search for the Shangri-La of steak.

Picked up this for snack tonight.
I've had the port wine before.
I got the horseradish tonight.
I like it. I'll be getting it again.
Good luck with your addiction.... been there...love that stuff, we used to go to a bar in Somerset Wisconsin and baskets of crackers and jars of spread cheese were everywhere in there instead of popcorn or peanuts, there were 2 bars right next to each other so it was either Ben's or Archie's I can't remember which one did that though.

Good luck with your addiction.... been there...love that stuff, we used to go to a bar in Somerset Wisconsin and baskets of crackers and jars of spread cheese were everywhere in there instead of popcorn or peanuts, there were 2 bars right next to each other so it was either Ben's or Archie's I can't remember which one did that though.
Pretty good snack.
I put in on Chicken in a Biscuit crackers. Pretty good.
I prefer horseradish to hot peppers.
It's mild in this stuff. Tasty.

I'll admit that I bought it again today.
It could become an addiction.

Wasn't it Jorge's Bar and Eye Glass Shop?

Paczki is a food. Not an event.

Also. Anybody know how to get accent marks on a keyboard ? When I post from my phone. All I gotta do is hold down the letter and I get a drop menu.
  • Hold down the Alt key on your keyboard.
  • Whilst still holding on to the Alt key, press the character’s alt code.
  • For example, to type e with an acute accent (é), press and hold the Alt key, then type the alt code 0233 on the numeric keypad.
  • Now release the Alt key.
You should see the accented letter inserted as soon as you release the Alt key.

DescriptionSymbolAlt Codes
A acute – UppercaseÁAlt 0193
a acute – LowercaseáAlt 0225
E acute – UppercaseÉAlt 0201
e acute – LowercaseéAlt 0233
I acute – UppercaseÍAlt 0205
i acute – LowercaseíAlt 0237
O acute – UppercaseÓAlt 0211
o acute – LowercaseóAlt 0243
U acute – UppercaseÚAlt 0218
u acute – LowercaseúAlt 0250
Y acute – UppercaseÝAlt 0221
y acute – LowercaseýAlt 0253

• Hold down the Alt key on your keyboard.
  • Whilst still holding on to the Alt key, press the character’s alt code.
  • For example, to type e with an acute accent (é), press and hold the Alt key, then type the alt code 0233 on the numeric keypad.
  • Now release the Alt key.
You should see the accented letter inserted as soon as you release the Alt key.

DescriptionSymbolAlt Codes
A acute – UppercaseÁAlt 0193
a acute – LowercaseáAlt 0225
E acute – UppercaseÉAlt 0201
e acute – LowercaseéAlt 0233
I acute – UppercaseÍAlt 0205
i acute – LowercaseíAlt 0237
O acute – UppercaseÓAlt 0211
o acute – LowercaseóAlt 0243
U acute – UppercaseÚAlt 0218
u acute – LowercaseúAlt 0250
Y acute – UppercaseÝAlt 0221
y acute – LowercaseýAlt 0253

I don't see the one I need there. The a with the dangle. But there must be another table somewhere ? Right ?

We had our anual St Patrick's Day meal yesterday. My daughter's wanted to stop by for some.
I'm kinda bored with it and want to look into different Irish foods.
Since the girls like it we stuck with the same old.

We get a pack or 2 of Corned Beef. This year the store had a round roast type cut and a flat cut and the point cut. One round left so I had to try it. Combined with the flat. It has flavoring in it.
We just throw them in the crockpot all day and eventually throw small potatoes with skin on in there and baby carrots and a bunch of cabbage.
I worked with a guy raised in Ireland and he says the Corned Beef thing is an American Irish thing...not really an Ireland Irish thing.

We got some Kerrygold Irish butter and some Soda bread for it .
And some of this which is really tasty.

Reserve-Cheddar_FRONT-1-375x375.png

a5c56c95d36f4fb893375c079f799966844e4fbcaca9d203e533dbc83c6a54c7.jpeg

c35f57a165419938a33c9d482eadb0fce2e132f75c5deb0a1dd9e699a4e66292.jpeg 0eb05a7d9972d027ce3de1b77aa579b817499f1270f520ca7c52806d121124af.jpeg

large_272b812b-3167-40af-ad6f-d0a6b96b6103.md.webp

We had our anual St Patrick's Day meal yesterday. My daughter's wanted to stop by for some.
I'm kinda bored with it and want to look into different Irish foods.
Since the girls like it we stuck with the same old.

We get a pack or 2 of Corned Beef. This year the store had a round roast type cut and a flat cut and the point cut. One round left so I had to try it. Combined with the flat. It has flavoring in it.
We just throw them in the crockpot all day and eventually throw small potatoes with skin on in there and baby carrots and a bunch of cabbage.
I worked with a guy raised in Ireland and he says the Corned Beef thing is an American Irish thing...not really an Ireland Irish thing.

We got some Kerrygold Irish butter and some Soda bread for it .
And some of this which is really tasty.

Reserve-Cheddar_FRONT-1-375x375.png

a5c56c95d36f4fb893375c079f799966844e4fbcaca9d203e533dbc83c6a54c7.jpeg

c35f57a165419938a33c9d482eadb0fce2e132f75c5deb0a1dd9e699a4e66292.jpeg 0eb05a7d9972d027ce3de1b77aa579b817499f1270f520ca7c52806d121124af.jpeg

large_272b812b-3167-40af-ad6f-d0a6b96b6103.md.webp
Which cut of corned beef is the best? I like it with a good amount of fat content. To me the lean cuts are tasteless in comprison. We got a point cut this year and to me it was middle of the road. I've had better and I've had worse.

Which cut of corned beef is the best? I like it with a good amount of fat content. To me the lean cuts are tasteless in comprison. We got a point cut this year and to me it was middle of the road. I've had better and I've had worse.
This says the point cut has more fat. I like a lot of fat also.
I think they're right.
It says nothing about round and my wife shoved that in earlier than the flat. I'd say round has more than flat. This is the first year I e seen the round but the town only left me one to choose from. They sold out on that quick.