Holland | Good Friday any Barns let guys off ?

Ok, so it's suppose to be about cutting costs & making the O.R. look good right ? So they , let all the lower paid dock workers off today & worked full pay guys that was on overtime pay today ???? and short dock help so more O.T. hours too ?? guess -15% common sense ????

Ok, so it's suppose to be about cutting costs & making the O.R. look good right ? So they , let all the lower paid dock workers off today & worked full pay guys that was on overtime pay today ???? and short dock help so more O.T. hours too ?? guess -15% common sense ????
Well partner. I guess then if you worked twice as hard, worked 12 hours, multiplying your 4 hours OT,times the hourly rate, then divide the total amount earned for the entire day ,by 8 hours you would actually be 30 percent ahead....

Well partner. I guess then if you worked twice as hard, worked 12 hours, multiplying your 4 hours OT,times the hourly rate, then divide the total amount earned for the entire day ,by 8 hours you would actually be 30 percent ahead....
We all punch in on O.T. Friday's with most driver's already having 50-55 hours by Friday morning and gee wonder why freight claims & work comp. claims are so high ???

We all punch in on O.T. Friday's with most driver's already having 50-55 hours by Friday morning and gee wonder why freight claims & work comp. claims are so high ???

You punch in on Friday and your on OT right away?
I thought contract was OT over 8?
Is this some of that fuzzies math you use?
55 hours on Friday morning?
You driving past 60?

You driving past 60?
We have guys that run out of hours by Friday on purpose so they can skate on 8 Friday and Yes we get OT after 40 & after 8 , so Friday we are way past 40 hrs and guys are taking short runs & work dock or work dock or stand and yes a few guys have run over 60 and nothing never changes .

Correct me if I am wrong. If you work 12 on Monday (and not rest of week)you get 8 straight and 4 over, guys say over 8 and over 40, there is a difference. We get over time after 8.
If we got OT after 40 you could work 36 hours thanksgiving wrk and get no OT.

You are using fuzzy math again

Correct me if I am wrong. If you work 12 on Monday (and not rest of week)you get 8 straight and 4 over, guys say over 8 and over 40, there is a difference. We get over time after 8.
If we got OT after 40 you could work 36 hours thanksgiving wrk and get no OT.

You are using fuzzy math again
Ok , so you work 4 days at 13 hrs day's , so Friday you got in 52 hours , so are already over 40 hrs , so punching in your on OT and work 8 more for total of 60 hrs and so you get paid 40 hrs reg pay and 20 hrs OT pay for total of 60 hrs , so you can figure it how every you want but look at your pay check ALL hrs over 40 are OT pay , so when all driver's already got 50 hrs in Friday , that days hours are OT pay . not fuzzy math just plain simple all hours over 8 or 40 are OT pay .

Ok , so you work 4 days at 13 hrs day's , so Friday you got in 52 hours , so are already over 40 hrs , so punching in your on OT and work 8 more for total of 60 hrs and so you get paid 40 hrs reg pay and 20 hrs OT pay for total of 60 hrs , so you can figure it how every you want but look at your pay check ALL hrs over 40 are OT pay , so when all driver's already got 50 hrs in Friday , that days hours are OT pay . not fuzzy math just plain simple all hours over 8 or 40 are OT pay .

In your example let's say you are all out of sick days, and call in sick Friday, how many hours of straight pay and how much OT. ???????
You need to read your post real slow and think about what you wrote!!
Fuzzy math.

In your example let's say you are all out of sick days, and call in sick Friday, how many hours of straight pay and how much OT. ???????
You need to read your post real slow and think about what you wrote!!
Fuzzy math.
The contract says all hours WORKED over 40 is time and a half. Holidays and sick pay would be straight time because you didn't work those hours. They count toward 40 but not overtime. That's the way it used to be, I've been retired 10 years but I assume it's still the same.

If OT starts after 8 hours minus 15% do you go on OT at 6.8 hours or 9.2 hours, or if it is 40 hours - 15% do you go on OT at 34 or is it 46 hours. If 40 cent raise gets added to OT is it after 8 or after 40 then minus 15% or should you clock in 15 minutes early so OT kicks in earlier and won't affect your HOS since you start log at start time not punch time, minus 15 % maybe next contract they will put us at full scale plus 15% and take away OT then that would put us at 100%plus 15%- 1 1/2 $ for 1.5 over 8/40!

You driving past 60?
correct. its ot after 8 daily, 6th day is all ot..so if you work 3 hrs each day monday thru wed and then work 14 hrs paid time thur-sat..you would have 25 hrs straight time and 26 hrs overtime.

If OT starts after 8 hours minus 15% do you go on OT at 6.8 hours or 9.2 hours, or if it is 40 hours - 15% do you go on OT at 34 or is it 46 hours. If 40 cent raise gets added to OT is it after 8 or after 40 then minus 15% or should you clock in 15 minutes early so OT kicks in earlier and won't affect your HOS since you start log at start time not punch time, minus 15 % maybe next contract they will put us at full scale plus 15% and take away OT then that would put us at 100%plus 15%- 1 1/2 $ for 1.5 over 8/40!

3C7lIzX.jpg

No Good Friday CC's offered but, asking for Monday CC's. Unheard of around here. Trying not to have layoff. Must be a contract year. Rates going up and freight falling off.