Holland | Good Friday any Barns let guys off ?

Road driver arrives the terminal right @ 70 hours for the week. He then works 15 straight hours on the dock. Then he goes home. Is he in violation of the HOS when he goes home. I say no, he is not in violation. What do you say? von.

Road driver arrives the terminal right @ 70 hours for the week. He then works 15 straight hours on the dock. Then he goes home. Is he in violation of the HOS when he goes home. I say no, he is not in violation. What do you say? von.

Clarify home, is he at home terminal them going to residence or foreign terminal then returning to domicile?

Clarify home, is he at home terminal them going to residence or foreign terminal then returning to domicile?
Location has nothing to do with the answer. See what 30 year man said. He is right. You do have to catch back up to your 60 or 70 hour rule & then some to have hours to drive. There is never a violation of HOS rules until you get behind the wheel of a CMV. If you are out west in logging & driving on private roads/property, HOS never comes in to play. Once you leave the private land & drive on public roads, then the HOS is in effect. von

Location has nothing to do with the answer. See what 30 year man said. He is right. You do have to catch back up to your 60 or 70 hour rule & then some to have hours to drive. There is never a violation of HOS rules until you get behind the wheel of a CMV. If you are out west in logging & driving on private roads/property, HOS never comes in to play. Once you leave the private land & drive on public roads, then the HOS is in effect. von

OK let me clarify my question. The way your original post stated it sounded as if the driver was going to drive a CMV back home. I assumed that all drivers that drive a CMV realize in your personal vehicle HOS does not apply. That is why I ask is he at home terminal and driving to his residence, you know the place where people live a house. You obviously did not read my post thoroughly and understand it I am sorry if it was too complicated. 30 year man did not make any mention of getting back to 60 and 70 did you just assume that is what he was thinking or are you the same person? Now to really confuse you hold on listen close here, you can drive a CMV bobtail home to where you live and the hours do not count against your 60/70 hour clock, but there are rules you have to follow with this and I don't want to confuse you anymore then you already are. And my original question clarify home,had you read it correctly and understood what I was asking did make a difference, your post sounded like the man was going to drive back to his home terminal domicile.

You mow a yard from noon to 2 pm. You are paid by the homeowner. You go to work @ 1500. Does your time mowing count against your 14 hour clock? von.

Yes it does, any work that is done and compensated for.
Yeah. I'm pretty darn sure a driver is limited to his 60 or 70. One cannot work a dock job at any given warehouse first shift then go run Linehaul for 8-12 hours. Any work, anywhere (on the books) must fall into one's 60/70.

Yeah. I'm pretty darn sure a driver is limited to his 60 or 70. One cannot work a dock job at any given warehouse first shift then go run Linehaul for 8-12 hours. Any work, anywhere (on the books) must fall into one's 60/70.

Any work any where? Work must be compensated.

You work for carpenter and get paid goes against 60/70 clock.
Help build a house as VOLUNTEER (no pay )for habitat for humanity hours don't count against 60/70 clock.

Any work any where? Work must be compensated.

You work for carpenter and get paid goes against 60/70 clock.
Help build a house as VOLUNTEER (no pay )for habitat for humanity hours don't count against 60/70 clock.
I was making a reference to the unscrupulous, cash, under the table work. If it's traceable, that Big Truck lawyer is gonna find it. Not to be confused with that Big Dave's HAT.

I was making a reference to the unscrupulous, cash, under the table work. If it's traceable, that Big Truck lawyer is gonna find it. Not to be confused with that Big Dave's HAT.

6heyE3U.jpg