FedEx Freight | Good Luck LOU

I find it ironic you miss the point that it seems to be the highest compensated that complain the most. It's not an excuse it's fact. If you need evidence of that look on this board. Plenty of union drivers boasting about how well they are taken care of while complaining that the "man" (company) is taking advantage of any non union driver posting here.

Talk about shooting holes into your story. Put the keypad down before you shoot your eye out.
Oh, i heard you loud and clear. Irony aside, I have yet to hear a package guy complain other than a legitimate grievance. You may be confusing the two. Still not wanting to throw that unprofessional manager to the wolves? He caused your problem from the onset of your rant.

It shouldn't cost the customer anymore$$$.

If we (customer & carrier) sit down and agree upon a delivery window with a drop dead time no later than "X" and you (the carrier) can't meet that agreement in a consistent manner why should I have to call and request anything much less pay more?

A contract (something thrown around a lot on here) is agreed upon. The carrier in this case dropped the ball. So now the customer should pay more for a guaranteed deliver.

Well there we have it. The carrier dropped the ball. The same management you neglected to lay the blame on negotiated that agreement and hosed you. Would you like some ointment to rub on the hole that hurts the most?

Well there we have it. The carrier dropped the ball. The same management you neglected to lay the blame on negotiated that agreement and hosed you. Would you like some ointment to rub on the hole that hurts the most?

I give up. You keep speaking as if the carrier negotiated with the supplier and I was the odd man out just waiting on delivery. I met directly with the carrier, I arranged the contract. There is no middle man. My contracted carrier failed me.

Okay. Its official, you better turn in the keys and get inside the office. After all you obviously see where the problems are and have the solutions to fix them.

Then silly people like me can selep better at night knowing your at the wheel (so to speak)

Again, I know nothing about an employee getting fired for not turning in DR's. IF this is true, then yes, he fired himself for not following company policy.....how hard is it to turn in your DR's?
Now your playing semantics....typical tactics when your losing a debate.
Why is it others were not reprimanded and terminated for the same offence? Do they polish the bosses apple? This is where a CBA can end these terminations. Pretty simple. Progressive discipline. Whacking a guy for a simple oversight? Nonsense.

3PL lie their asses off. The best hope any customer can have is a salesman from any ltl carrier come in and show them the light. Ditch the 3rd party and all the promises of savings and compare your bottom line at the end of the year after turning your business to a primary carrier.

I can use that broad brush because I deal with their lies on a daily basis. Sorry if that reality check stepped on your toes. 3pl's are nothing more than leaches.

Interesting viewpoints.........

My question is the difference in roles of what the 3PL is providing shippers and what the organization that you are on here selling for would provide its "customers"? In my mind, they seem to have the same fundamental roles and purposes in both instances.

When a "salesman" from the company comes in and tries to show employees the "light" you seem to find that distasting and offensive. But in your example, you advocate a salesman coming in and working around the 3rd party as the best thing. Seems quite hypocritical to me.....

Not sure how you can be a supporter of a "third wheel" in a relationship in one instance but not the other unless you have a personal vested interest in one and that clouds your viewpoint and judgement.

3PL lie their asses off. The best hope any customer can have is a salesman from any ltl carrier come in and show them the light. Ditch the 3rd party and all the promises of savings and compare your bottom line at the end of the year after turning your business to a primary carrier.

I can use that broad brush because I deal with their lies on a daily basis. Sorry if that reality check stepped on your toes. 3pl's are nothing more than leaches.

My question is the difference in roles of what the 3PL is providing shippers and what the organization that you are on here selling for would provide its "customers"? In my mind, they seem to have the same fundamental roles and purposes in both instances.

When a "salesman" from the company comes in and tries to show employees the "light" you seem to find that distasting and offensive. But in your example, you advocate a salesman coming in and working around the 3rd party as the best thing. Seems quite hypocritical to me.....

Not sure how you can be a supporter of a "third wheel" in a relationship in one instance but not the other unless you have a personal vested interest in one and that clouds your viewpoint and judgement.

No. Only the required 30.

So I guess you wee wee just one time a day and that's in your mandatory 30 minute break!! You continue to step on your crank there driver!!! I know some pretty good damn freight men and their all Union, some of the best in the business!! Also as far as customers go we have more repeat business then we can handle... Plus my friend no matter how hard you try there will always be the one time when the stars just don't line up!!! Weather, traffic, mechanical, at times things just don't line up!! But to hear you sit there and try to say Union freight men across the board are no good is a ignorant assumption!!! I had a shipment from fed x and the guy knocked my mailbox down and screwed my entrance to my driveway up pretty bad, by just trying to get over as far as possible to keep from blocking traffic!! I guess YOU would say he did it on purpose!!!! He and myself just laughed after he saw I wasn't mad.... You take one thing and just blow the crap out of it....... I would hope you could have a better argument!! But all you have is petty BS!!!!!

The difference would be from stictly a business standpoint. The 3rd party that represents me is compensated for the job they do and I benefit greatly from their efforts. My bottom line improved. The 3rd party that deals with my customer does provide a service but my customer does not benefit from it in the end. The comparison of the bottom line at the end of the year has proven that the value is there and secured a great deal of freight with my company as the primary carrier. I have worked both sides, union and non. I have stayed union for almost 30 years. I know what I have and want others to see for themselves.

I give up. You keep speaking as if the carrier negotiated with the supplier and I was the odd man out just waiting on delivery. I met directly with the carrier, I arranged the contract. There is no middle man. My contracted carrier failed me.

Okay. Its official, you better turn in the keys and get inside the office. After all you obviously see where the problems are and have the solutions to fix them.

Then silly people like me can selep better at night knowing your at the wheel (so to speak)
You should give up. No one spoke of a middle man and your contract with your carrier. I was speaking directly of you and them. Your constant bashing of labor holds no water in this. Management dropped the ball. On both sides of this equation.

More people and businesses use UNION shipping services than don't. They must be pretty content with those services, right?

When speaking to LTL shipping services, less than 25% of the market (by revenue) is occupied by UNION carriers.

FedEx and ConWay produce more LTL revenue than ALL the union carriers combined!

Reference: Journal of Commerce LTL market share numbers.

The difference would be from stictly a business standpoint. The 3rd party that represents me is compensated for the job they do and I benefit greatly from their efforts. My bottom line improved. The 3rd party that deals with my customer does provide a service but my customer does not benefit from it in the end. The comparison of the bottom line at the end of the year has proven that the value is there and secured a great deal of freight with my company as the primary carrier. I have worked both sides, union and non. I have stayed union for almost 30 years. I know what I have and want others to see for themselves.

So you are saying that the collective bargaining process is a great thing, as long as it benefits you or your interests, but loses its luster if it is used in any form against your best interests (consortium of shippers collectively bargaining for better shipping rates utilizing a 3PL)?

Nothing really wrong with that I suppose, everyone entitled to their opinions/beliefs........though in my mind it weakens your position when you are speaking about "greedy" companies wanting to ensure that profits and their overall financial health are given a higer priority than you see fit. It seems you are taking that very approach with your personal "financials" in your actions and message.

You reap what you sow....

Carry on.....

Nothing like a little hyperbole. Sounds like you have some unethical folks up in SLC.

You, sadly don't understand the important and growing role of 3PL's. Nor do you understand the breadth of "logistics" services. Don't worry about my toes, I'm good.
I'm not sure how something can be a "leach", but I understand how you get confused when emotional.

Nothing like a little hyperbole. Sounds like you have some unethical folks up in SLC.

You, sadly don't understand the important and growing role of 3PL's. Nor do you understand the breadth of "logistics" services. Don't worry about my toes, I'm good.
I'm not sure how something can be a "leach", but I understand how you get confused when emotional.
Poor dumb trucker anyhow. Sucking profits from my customers? Yeah, their leaches. Freight quote and CH Robins. We secured business away from them the good old fashion way. We earned it without empty promises.

So you are saying that the collective bargaining process is a great thing, as long as it benefits you or your interests, but loses its luster if it is used in any form against your best interests (consortium of shippers collectively bargaining for better shipping rates utilizing a 3PL)?

Nothing really wrong with that I suppose, everyone entitled to their opinions/beliefs........though in my mind it weakens your position when you are speaking about "greedy" companies wanting to ensure that profits and their overall financial health are given a higer priority than you see fit. It seems you are taking that very approach with your personal "financials" in your actions and message.

Carry on.....

Nailed it. I'm guessing some will fail to see the hypocrisy.

Poor dumb trucker anyhow. Sucking profits from my customers? Yeah, their leaches. Freight quote and CH Robins. We secured business away from them the good old fashion way. We earned it without empty promises.

You really shouldn't call people dumb and then proceed to confuse "their" with "they're" and "leaches" with "leeches".

Carry on.....
Those are your words not mine. I know it must baffle many how our minset is to protect those that are taken advantage of. My company. My customers. Other truckers.