Estes | Good Morning

The last few weeks it seems like freight has been piccking up. That's GREAT:smilie_132:

From what we were told a meeting a week or so ago, it really hasn't been. It seemed like it has been to all of us also. The storm here in the NE had things all bottled up @ 024 for a few days, seems like we worked through it though.

Heard that pricing was told to loosen up and give sales people a little leeway, Any body here the same:1036316054:
Yea,I think the pricing wizards in Richmond came to the stunning conclusion that,hey you just cant run a freight company without some freight .Brilliant bunch we have down there.Our salesman said he was told to go back 6 months and try again with customers they turned away with high pricing.

Heard that pricing was told to loosen up and give sales people a little leeway, Any body here the same:1036316054:

i know 1 thing mister you better get that post count up. join in 2006 and soo few post outta be a crime.:smilie_132: good to hear from ya:1036316054:

big discounts almost moving frieght for free!!!!
As critical as I am towards this co. at times I have to take exception to this comment as there is no proof in the pudding that E is hauling anything for free especially since they just announced their annual general rate increase which is in line with the rest of the industry.Also I think we would be seeing a lot more freight than what I've been seeing. Just my .02 cents though.

As critical as I am towards this co. at times I have to take exception to this comment as there is no proof in the pudding that E is hauling anything for free especially since they just announced their annual general rate increase which is in line with the rest of the industry.Also I think we would be seeing a lot more freight than what I've been seeing. Just my .02 cents though.

We haul alot of freight for free. Its called Gold Star. :hysterical: Our customers who use it are so happy with the free shipping they would never think to go with another carrier.

We haul alot of freight for free. Its called Gold Star. :hysterical: Our customers who use it are so happy with the free shipping they would never think to go with another carrier.

If drivers would get there on time it would not be free to customers. Also it is called gold medal:1036316054:

If drivers would get there on time it would not be free to customers. Also it is called gold medal:1036316054:

I think it is more of a company problem than one type of employee problem. I have seen these shipments come in from shipping terminal a day late of del due date and still had 3 or 4 legs of the trip to go, that can not be drivers fault. I also have seen misrouted gold star/medal that could not possibly get to dest on time. We should easily deliver 99% of this on time. We just need to start fixing the problems within this company. But we all know that Estes loves the employees that kiss as* even when they are incompatent and promote and or keep them around. And I have seen this from area managers down to dock supervisors keeping thier little as* kissers around that do not know the job they are assigned.
Why does Rob let this happen?
I know some of it is going to take place because some people need that boost for the egos. Estes just has way to much, I think it starts at the top and works its way down.
Maybe I will hire someone to follow me around and tell me how great I am all the time. The more they kiss my as* the more bonuses and raises they would get. Oops I forgot I do not need an ego boost its already over capacity as it is :biglaugh:

I'll tell you a few problems with the Gold medal service. First and foremost is our lack of technology. In having such a lack of technology, most of our Gold Medal and Estes Air shipments always end up being surprises that just happen to roll into the break. Typically after the cut time for their destination. Which then produces a "scrambling" effect... the OM, dispatch, and hirer ups in management are flying around trying to find a solution to getting a guaranteed shipment delivered or hurried through the system to make its service time. Alot of times, it seems the Gold Medal are also sent through the break on the last cut from the originating terminal, instead of it being on the tail of the first cut. One of the all time best ways to assure that Gold Medals won't make service is to do what our friends in ATL do ALL the time... bury in the nose of a 40 or 50 bill strip, instead of tail loading it like you would think. I know that if we would send a Gold Medal out not tail loaded, it would come back with repercussions toward our terminal, but it seems that ATL can continue to do this time and time again. Is it possible that Richmond actually plays favorites toward terminals also?

bigo. wow i am impressed esfe. you may be a manager??? hummm. disgruntaled manager maybe hummmm???? very good anyway it dosent matter. i do like the scrambling effect theroy you have because it is true. nice to see some truth instead of what used to be banter.

bigo. wow i am impressed esfe. you may be a manager??? hummm. disgruntaled manager maybe hummmm???? very good anyway it dosent matter. i do like the scrambling effect theroy you have because it is true. nice to see some truth instead of what used to be banter.

:hysterical: @ me being anything related to management. I tend to use a little better judgement, and a lot more intelligence than most management at my terminal. The few that do try to do things the right way are the ones called onto the carpet and are told they aren't doing things the Estes way.. so no thanks to being involved with management, plus who am I to tell other people what to do or to discipline them? I'm no better than the peon on the forklift next to me :1036316054:

there has been times when i've hauled gold medal and i had to let the terminal know that gold medal was on the trailer its a lack of communication, and the higher ups in richmond want us to be a 1 or 2 day carrier all terminals have to be on the same page for this to happen

there has been times when i've hauled gold medal and i had to let the terminal know that gold medal was on the trailer its a lack of communication, and the higher ups in richmond want us to be a 1 or 2 day carrier all terminals have to be on the same page for this to happen

:1036316054: I couldn't agree more.. its always been odd to me, that something so "important" can always have the potential of being a surprise. I've also noticed that some terminals ship the freight with the Gold Medal stickers on the freight and some don't. Some attach the Gold Medal tab to the travel copies and some don't. Where is the consistency with the policy? We really need to start from the top and work our way down with a lot of these problems. Then again some of them need to start from the bottom and work their way up.