ABF | Good News, Or Bad News

FedEx is about to slash its pension plan

Rachel Premack
1 hr ago
This is WHY I quit TRUCKING.

I was reading about this in the Wall Street Journal. If you're not aware that Big Business hates defined-benefit pensions,...and have been actively plotting to get rid of them for the last 20 or so years.......

Well,.......Here you go....

Public Service Unions,...and our Legislators from State level on up,....all retire with defined-benefit pensions.....They don't think there's anything wrong with them....

But,....Big Business would rather dump the whole process back on the employee,....and let him be subject to the..."vagaries of the market..."
So,...if you're 69 years old,...and can't afford to retire,.....the company can sanctimoniously say: "Must be your own Fault....."
....Even if that company pays.....NO income tax, and has record profits.....(..And their CEO gets a....pension..).

Another company turns to......forced Wall Street funding......to substitute for a "pension" plan...

And Wall Street loves the.....new revenue.

I was reading about this in the Wall Street Journal. If you're not aware that Big Business hates defined-benefit pensions,...and have been actively plotting to get rid of them for the last 20 or so years.......

Public Service Unions,...and our Legislators from State level on up,....all retire with defined-benefit pensions.....They don't think there's anything wrong with them....

But,....Big Business would rather dump the whole process back on the employee,....and let him be subject to the..."vagaries of the market..."
So,...if you're 69 years old,...and can't afford to retire,.....the company can sanctimoniously say: "Must be your own Fault....."
....Even if that company pays.....NO income tax, and has record profits.....(..And their CEO gets a....pension..).

Another company turns to......forced Wall Street funding......to substitute for a "pension" plan...

Public service unions are now doing the 401 thing if your a newer hire ,the oldtime employees get the pension

Apparently both of you guys didn't take advantage of the coupon for a Free Lobotomy with every CDL application.

Just can't agree with you guys, I do realize I was at the right place, the right time. got to put in 35 yrs with the same good company, most were not so fortunate.
If I could go back and change anything, I wish our B61s had turbos with 205HP.
I could have kicked Carolina Freight's butt, bigtime.

Just can't agree with you guys, I do realize I was at the right place, the right time. got to put in 35 yrs with the same good company, most were not so fortunate.
If I could go back and change anything, I wish our B61s had turbos with 205HP.
I could have kicked Carolina Freight's butt, bigtime.
Calling BS on this Mr Beam wouldn't allow that he would have just stuck one of those big old Cat motors out there just to upset ya lol

Calling BS on this Mr Beam wouldn't allow that he would have just stuck one of those big old Cat motors out there just to upset ya lol

They had our Cats castrated so bad, they wouldn't do much better than a 300 Cummins.
Now, the West Coast PIE tractors would run all day, before lunch time.
I could tie a rope to your old Louisvilles, pull it to Jax to save their fuel.
If you were lucky, you caught one of those about every 5 or 6 weeks, most time was 62 mph.

Damn straight !

Woulda seen nothin but tail lights from Carolina Freight, courtesy of Mr Beam!

It was hard for us to run 321, Carolinas always had the road blocked.
One of my friends ran out of Cherryille, we ran 2 nights a week together, regardless of who had the faster truck, we ran and stopped together.
Wouldn't want to do it again, but miss the good old days.

Public Service Union funds are worse off than most private.
The same liberal politicians who 'fight for these pensions' have robbed them blind or not contributed.
You need to start a business, pay them perhaps $75 or $100 per hour and give unlimited Defined Benefit Pensions... You will be a success....

Public Service Union funds are worse off than most private.
The same liberal politicians who 'fight for these pensions' have robbed them blind or not contributed.
You need to start a business, pay them perhaps $75 or $100 per hour and give unlimited Defined Benefit Pensions... You will be a success....

Ahh.........I should employ only Upper Echelon Management people....because those are the only conditions they would work under.......
Shame,......because I wouldn’t get a product made from these sort of employees......they don’t like to sweat....

Us regular working people are only worth $7.25 an hour.........And Pension? Pfft! .......We only deserve investment “schemes”.......controlled and operated by Wall Street......
They love the ......forced stock market investments of...part of working peoples’ paychecks.....

And.....no guarantees......

Yessir! I’ll hire only high-priced management people.......Won’t produce a product......but at least I’ll be hanging around with a higher “class” of people......
Not those stinky low-class working people........who don’t deserve....the pittance we pay them......

:poke::poke:
Ahh.........I should employ only Upper Echelon Management people....because those are the only conditions they would work under.......
Shame,......because I wouldn’t get a product made from these sort of employees......they don’t like to sweat....

Us regular working people are only worth $7.25 an hour.........And Pension? Pfft! .......We only deserve investment “schemes”.......controlled and operated by Wall Street......
They love the ......forced stock market investments of...part of working peoples’ paychecks.....

And.....no guarantees......

Yessir! I’ll hire only high-priced management people.......Won’t produce a product......but at least I’ll be hanging around with a higher “class” of people......
Not those stinky low-class working people........who don’t deserve....the pittance we pay them......
Took a double dose of sarcasm pills this morning?
:poke:
See I DO read your posts!

:poke::poke:
Took a double dose of sarcasm pills this morning?
:poke:
See I DO read your posts!

And ........I apologize to Bro.Puff Driver for my sarcastic post. I was trying to make a point that.......most working people are being “spoon-fed” the idea,....that all other working people are......overpaid.

Stayed up late last night re-reading “Wealth Of Nations”........

A little anecdote my father told me. He was no fan of Jim Hoffa Sr., once he got involved with the mob,.....But,....prior to that,.....my Dad told me that Hoffa once gave a speech where he said that: “ Truck drivers are every bit as important to this nation as...bankers, stock brokers, and lawyers..........and it was his(Hoffa’s) job to see that......truck drivers could live in the same neighborhood as......bankers, stock brokers, and lawyers...”

Dad said,..from that point on.....you could see the lawsuits and accusations just heaped on Hoffa’s Head,....like someone turned on a virtual firehouse of ...legal troubles.....

Could it be that James Hoffa Sr.......touched a nerve?

And ........I apologize to Bro.Puff Driver for my sarcastic post. I was trying to make a point that.......most working people are being “spoon-fed” the idea,....that all other working people are......overpaid.

Stayed up late last night re-reading “Wealth Of Nations”........

A little anecdote my father told me. He was no fan of Jim Hoffa Sr., once he got involved with the mob,.....But,....prior to that,.....my Dad told me that Hoffa once gave a speech where he said that: “ Truck drivers are every bit as important to this nation as...bankers, stock brokers, and lawyers..........and it was his(Hoffa’s) job to see that......truck drivers could live in the same neighborhood as......bankers, stock brokers, and lawyers...”

Dad said,..from that point on.....you could see the lawsuits and accusations just heaped on Hoffa’s Head,....like someone turned on a virtual firehouse of ...legal troubles.....

Could it be that James Hoffa Sr.......touched a nerve?

I was a big fan of James Riddle also, sat in on a COO in Washington D C with Mr H., Roy Williams, R V Durham and Weldon Mathis.
There was so many henchmen watching everone, I felt like the secret service or mafia was there, I kept watching for J Edgar, but he never showed.
Actually had lunch with Mr Hoffa.
Charlotte still did not get what we requested, (not lunch, the change)
Canary, did you read the book,(Ten Angels Swearing?) and yes, I knew Ed Partin also.

I was a big fan of James Riddle also, sat in on a COO in Washington D C with Mr H., Roy Williams, R V Durham and Weldon Mathis.
There was so many henchmen watching everone, I felt like the secret service or mafia was there, I kept watching for J Edgar, but he never showed.
Canary, did you read the book,(Ten Angels Swearing?) and yes, I knew Ed Partin also.

No I did not.....I'll have to look that one up. Looks like you were rubbing shoulders with some of the high Muckety-Mucks.......
(Kept your hand on your wallet,...I'll bet..).....

My dad and Uncles knew J. Riddle Hoffa from when he came into Pittsburgh. I never had the pleasure.....Met Ron Carey once....

You’re right...The Mafia WAS there that day.