XPO | Good timing

peckerwood

TB Lurker
Credits
Sounds like I got out of con way at just the right time. Been gone 4 weeks and man how things have changed. I must say con way was the worst 4 years of my life, I feel sorry for you guys that are stuck there. I will give you guys some advice, if you have a spotless record under new csa rules you can just about name your pay in the trucking industry. Jump ship and better yourself or go to the union hall and sign a card. Outside of suffering with the same old meat grinder, that's the only two promising options you got. Good luck with you all. Glad I jumped ship, my life is a lot less stressful.....

Sounds like I got out of con way at just the right time. Been gone 4 weeks and man how things have changed. I must say con way was the worst 4 years of my life, I feel sorry for you guys that are stuck there. I will give you guys some advice, if you have a spotless record under new csa rules you can just about name your pay in the trucking industry. Jump ship and better yourself or go to the union hall and sign a card. Outside of suffering with the same old meat grinder, that's the only two promising options you got. Good luck with you all. Glad I jumped ship, my life is a lot less stressful.....

Been away myself on FMLA for two months, not officially gone yet, but my blood pressure is normal and not having to deal with the BS makes my life so much better..

Check this out! I can see it with a picture of Con-Way in the very near future!

Entry-Level Truck Driver - Company CDL Training - Train-to-Hire!

Already there. We have a driving school in several terminals, I know for a fact the terminal I run out of has taken 15 drivers from no cdl to running p&d and linehaul. And to top it off, one of the first graduates from our school 2 years ago, has been moved to the position of driving school instructor......Yeah that's right, we have newbies training the newer newbies.

Con-way is now the Werner of the ltl world... Good luck to y'all, there is life after Con-way.

Come on now..you know that aint true. I could never make the money I make here at Werner..but, I do have a lot of respect for you...because you are not ashamed to say where you work, your not like these other guys who are afraid to say where they went to work. (I'm sure they'll make up something real good)

Come on now..you know that aint true. I could never make the money I make here at Werner..but, I do have a lot of respect for you...because you are not ashamed to say where you work, your not like these other guys who are afraid to say where they went to work. (I'm sure they'll make up something real good)

A clean cdl record will get you a better paying job, with better benefits and a lot less hassel than con way trust me, i'm living proof of it. A lot of you guys on here that praise con way are either A) brain washed company man B) too old and crippled up to find another job C) to lazy to get out of your comfort zone. Wal mart will snag every con way driver they can get their hands on because the standards con way drivers are held too makes them prime employment candidates in the trucking industry. Con way is just a stepping stone to much better.

Do you work for Wal Mart? I like going to work at 0800 every day.
A clean cdl record will get you a better paying job, with better benefits and a lot less hassel than con way trust me, i'm living proof of it. A lot of you guys on here that praise con way are either A) brain washed company man B) too old and crippled up to find another job C) to lazy to get out of your comfort zone. Wal mart will snag every con way driver they can get their hands on because the standards con way drivers are held too makes them prime employment candidates in the trucking industry. Con way is just a stepping stone to much better.

Do you work for Wal Mart? I like going to work at 0800 every day.

If their jobs were so much better, they wouldn't be wasting time here..they're spreading their misery to us...just my take. I really don't care. So don't try and explain it to me please.

If their jobs were so much better, they wouldn't be wasting time here..they're spreading their misery to us...just my take. I really don't care. So don't try and explain it to me please.
I don't know about your barn beerfd, but when I worked there, not 1 experienced Ltl driver quit their job and applied at conway. Just sayin

I don't know about your barn beerfd, but when I worked there, not 1 experienced Ltl driver quit their job and applied at conway. Just sayin

They don't hire those..the apps.never get past Ann arbor. You know that. They train their own. That's talked about all the time.

When I said "Werner of the ltl world" I was referring to the fact that they don't generally hire experienced drivers, just new recruits who get basic training and then they're off to greener pastures. And I'll challenge you on the money quote, I never made more than $3000-$5000/year more at Freight than I did at Truckload.

I'm definitely not ashamed to say where I went. I have nothing bad to say about OD and to be honest I'm glad I'm there. I still gotta hang out on the Con-way board because it gets boring over at the OD board... nobody gripes and complains over there! Much less entertainment value! Good group of guys over on the OD board overall though.

When I said "Werner of the ltl world" I was referring to the fact that they don't generally hire experienced drivers, just new recruits who get basic training and then they're off to greener pastures. And I'll challenge you on the money quote, I never made more than $3000-$5000/year more at Freight than I did at Truckload.

I'm definitely not ashamed to say where I went. I have nothing bad to say about OD and to be honest I'm glad I'm there. I still gotta hang out on the Con-way board because it gets boring over at the OD board... nobody gripes and complains over there! Much less entertainment value! Good group of guys over on the OD board overall though.
I was referring to the ones who say they got it good, but won't tell us where they work. We know your proud of your new job. Sorry for the confusion. As far as the money, we've already talked about that. You still in FL? it's 20 here..(yes, that is cold). about as cold as it gets here.

Telling us how bad we have it makes them feel better about their decision to quit or to have never worked here in the first place.

I was referring to the ones who say they got it good, but won't tell us where they work. We know your proud of your new job. Sorry for the confusion. As far as the money, we've already talked about that. You still in FL? it's 20 here..(yes, that is cold). about as cold as it gets here.

No, not in FL, went to Greensboro NC out of FL yesterday, came home today. Taking 24 off and should be running tomorrow.

Good Lord that's cold!! I wish all this weather would clear up, talked to linehaul dispatch this morning when I got back to ATL, said he had a buttload of freight, couldn't move most of it, too many places still shut down. It's gonna be hell when everything opens up and the weather bottlenecks start running again.

No, not in FL, went to Greensboro NC out of FL yesterday, came home today. Taking 24 off and should be running tomorrow.

Good Lord that's cold!! I wish all this weather would clear up, talked to linehaul dispatch this morning when I got back to ATL, said he had a buttload of freight, couldn't move most of it, too many places still shut down. It's gonna be hell when everything opens up and the weather bottlenecks start running again.
We haven't moved anything since the day runs come back on Thursday. I would imagine the freight is piling up with the outside carriers bringing stuff in. Should be a good week, next week. They may try to move stuff today..IDK. haven't heard anything..but everything is still frozen over.

We haven't moved anything since the day runs come back on Thursday. I would imagine the freight is piling up with the outside carriers bringing stuff in. Should be a good week, next week. They may try to move stuff today..IDK. haven't heard anything..but everything is still frozen over.

If the roads are frozen over I doubt they'll move anything today... haven't heard anything on the OD front about freight moving out that direction.