Good training companies???

bugeaterr

TB Lurker
Credits
My girlfriend is currently in school to get her CDL. Do any of you drivers have recommendations of companies that have a good training program? I don't want her to work for certain companies that will only half train her for a couple of weeks, then turn her loose on her own. Also, any idea of how long their training programs are? Thank you,

My wife trains for US Xpress. While they don't give them as much seat time with a trainer as they should, they are better than most. The first 150 hours, the trainer must sit in the jump seat on duty. If the trainee is ready, they are then upgraded to team status for another 150 hours behind the wheel. Once they pass all the required tests to upgrade to solo, the trainee will go with another trainee for a period of time. (not sure how much time) My wife's last trainee went solo immediately after training because they didn't have anyone to team with her. The total time with a trainer is about 4 weeks.

The biggest problem isn't the training programs, it's the trainers. Many shouldn't be training in the first place. Many are just in it for the extra money. My wife's first trainee had 25 hours left to upgrade to solo when she was placed with my wife. She didn't know how to read a map, do manual logs, back up a truck in any shape or form and had minimal driving skills. My wife was her 3rd trainer.

Definitely sounds like what she needs.

I really hope she succeeds and becomes a driver that I don't feel like I have to take the white line for, and thats most of them, oh, and tell her to never run fog lights unless there is fog, or a Sysco driver in OK will bright light her in a construction zone between 2 walls, I'm a dick when it comes to the improper use of fog lights.

I really hope she succeeds and becomes a driver that I don't feel like I have to take the white line for, and thats most of them, oh, and tell her to never run fog lights unless there is fog, or a Sysco driver in OK will bright light her in a construction zone between 2 walls, I'm a dick when it comes to the improper use of fog lights.

Another gripe I have is drivers who stick that left or right high beam in my mirrors and just sit there without bothering to pass. I also just happen to have spotlights mounted to the top edge of my cab(used if and when I haul corn/beans)and they mysteriously come on whenever those idiots get stuck in that position.

Another gripe I have is drivers who stick that left or right high beam in my mirrors and just sit there without bothering to pass. I also just happen to have spotlights mounted to the top edge of my cab(used if and when I haul corn/beans)and they mysteriously come on whenever those idiots get stuck in that position.

But, in the defense of an idiot...some don't know their lights are out of adjustment some adjust them to be just that way, I am seeing more and more fog lights adjusted up to match the already out of adjustment headlights, there is also a new thing, its an ultra bright light bar, my God that thing is blinding, saw one on a pickup and he was lighting up the car ahead more than a trooper would! I really hope this don't catch on in the dumb ass trucking community, I may have to hang my keys up if I have to look at that blinding light every night, the fog lights are to much for me now.

Depending on your location, Averitt Express has a good training program if you already have a cdl from one of their approved schools. training pay is pretty decent too.