TForce | Goodbye Leo and who is next?

wazalumper2 said:
When that was going on, I was already a Teamster working at Motor Cargo.
That is past history and now we can work on a better future.
So i'm suppose to forget everything you stood for?And forget everything i stood for back then huh?:bicycle: But thats right leo was at my house sipping cocktails Giving me and my fellow employees tips......:puke: .

For all you UPS Freight workers that can remember..

when Mr.J.H.Chocrane sold Overnite to Union Pacific Rail Road.
He and his faithful companions that helped him build our LTL company into a business that was worth 1.4 billion,were to set in as advisors to help the Rail Road come into their own learning how to sell ,and move freight.

But it was only a short time before Union Pacific gave them all the boot,and brought in their Rail Road buddys to manage Overnite.
Which turned out to be their biggest mistake.

Mr. Chocrane took his good friends and started up a truckload trucking company,and the Rail Road started running Overnite into a ditch.

Union Pacific would have been a lot further ahead if they kept freight people on their managment team.

It seems most posters on the UPS Freight board have very little good to say about Leo,and Gordon,but if you look at the Rail Roads mistake you can see UPS may need to learn something about the heavy freight business,and who better to learn from but veterans of freight.

Just because UPS may know everything there is to know about the parcel buisness it doesn't mean they automaticly know freight.

Now this may just be the way I see it?

But I'd really hate to see UPS run us down for not knowing what they are doing like the Rail Road did.
I think they'er being smart to have Leo,and Gordon as well as anyother Overnite upper management stay on for a short time,so they can get used to selling,and moving freight,and truckloads.

Johnnybegood said:
Were you in this company driving when all the stuff in those DVDs were happening?They were real to me.....:ranting2: .
i was out there when alot of that crap was going on you beleive what you want I seen alot of that stuff I was sent up north to help take care of our customer becacuse the teamster had scare off alot of the employees.Iwas there for one reason to help protect our jobs and our company.....what did the teamsters do but try to hurt people who have family to take care of.I still have a bad taste in my mouth.Non union always:Sign-Cow: :Sign-Cow:

Apostolic said:
when Mr.J.H.Chocrane sold Overnite to Union Pacific Rail Road.
He and his faithful companions that helped him build our LTL company into a business that was worth 1.4 billion,were to set in as advisors to help the Rail Road come into their own learning how to sell ,and move freight.

But it was only a short time before Union Pacific gave them all the boot,and brought in their Rail Road buddys to manage Overnite.
Which turned out to be their biggest mistake.

Mr. Chocrane took his good friends and started up a truckload trucking company,and the Rail Road started running Overnite into a ditch.

Union Pacific would have been a lot further ahead if they kept freight people on their managment team.

It seems most posters on the UPS Freight board have very little good to say about Leo,and Gordon,but if you look at the Rail Roads mistake you can see UPS may need to learn something about the heavy freight business,and who better to learn from but veterans of freight.

Just because UPS may know everything there is to know about the parcel buisness it doesn't mean they automaticly know freight.

Now this may just be the way I see it?

But I'd really hate to see UPS run us down for not knowing what they are doing like the Rail Road did.
I think they'er being smart to have Leo,and Gordon as well as anyother Overnite upper management stay on for a short time,so they can get used to selling,and moving freight,and truckloads.
Mr C did not sell the big o his stock holder got 51% of his company and made the sell. If it was up to him he would have kept it.why sell something that was making money.

well allstar05 there was a lot of stories circulating..

back than when all of us Overnite employees
up in snow country were in shock when we heard of the sell out.

When company news comes up to northern N.Y. it has a way of getting turned around.

We get most of our news from extra board road drivers passing through our terminal.

Not the most reliable sourse of information.
( By Cracky!!)
Thats southern talk from a northerner.

But none the less thanks for clearing that old tail about the Overnite/Rail Road deal,up for me.