FedEx Freight | Got a Interveiw out of Hermiston OR

rtown

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey, does anyone know any info on this yard? what all runs they have etc?.. i was told herm to kent wa night run, its just a truck stop location FXN has, so was trying to get more info on it Thanks in advance

[quote author=ptown6184 link=topic=79552.msg824358#msg824358 date=1272134487]
Hey, does anyone know any info on this yard? what all runs they have etc?.. i was told herm to kent wa night run, its just a truck stop location FXN has, so was trying to get more info on it Thanks in advance
[/quote]

That's about it in a nut shell.....Herm. is just a meet point. The SLK drivers go to the motel and you take there truck and turn Kent WA.....M thur F night..... SLK brings triples in so their is some drop and hooks involved although I am unsure as to how that works out as far as who does them...Slk Drivers, Herm drivers or a combination of them both...Proably the latter...

I assume your interview is Monday or Tues Good Luck......You will like the guy (Steve)doing the interviews...He a good man and a straight shooter... :thumbsup:

Thanks a bunch... yup Tue is the big day, and yes Steve is his name, seems like a very good guy, i am just debating the big jump and leaving my senority behind at conway and making the move, do you know if this run is yr round etc? should i suspect lay offs etc? and do you know of other runs out of that terminal? thanks for the reply i appreciate it

[quote author=ptown6184 link=topic=79552.msg824398#msg824398 date=1272144911]
Thanks a bunch... yup Tue is the big day, and yes Steve is his name, seems like a very good guy, i am just debating the big jump and leaving my senority behind at conway and making the move, do you know if this run is yr round etc? should i suspect lay offs etc? and do you know of other runs out of that terminal? thanks for the reply i appreciate it
[/quote]

Steve is the L/H Manager in SLK, he takes care of Herm., Mountain Home and a couple of other Satilite yards..... Yes it is year round, I would not expect layoffs, although winter could be slow if you are in the bottom 2 or 3 . ( not a fact just a thought)........ Because this is a relay from Salt Lake City to Kent the run I described is the sole purpose of this Sat. Termial...hope that helps...

Thanks Racer, ya helps alot.. last string of q's... Do you like FXN? and would you advise the switch from conway.. i currently dislike my job work waaay to hard to make 55k last yr and just frankly cant put up with the bs anymore for 48cpm... sooo whats your personal feelings?

Last question i can think of right now also is relaying into kent wa im assuming thats a hub? and is there dock work going to be involved on that end you think? or will be a turn out of the service center? how does running into a hub usually work?

Thanks again racer i was more worried on layoffs then slowing down in the winter, thats expected, big time also on coming out of SLK since there is alot mnts standing in the way that get heavy snow and close alot..

[quote author=ptown6184 link=topic=79552.msg824435#msg824435 date=1272156499]
Thanks Racer, ya helps alot.. last string of q's... Do you like FXN? and would you advise the switch from conway.. i currently dislike my job work waaay to hard to make 55k last yr and just frankly cant put up with the bs anymore for 48cpm... sooo whats your personal feelings?

Last question i can think of right now also is relaying into kent wa im assuming thats a hub? and is there dock work going to be involved on that end you think? or will be a turn out of the service center? how does running into a hub usually work?

Thanks again racer i was more worried on layoffs then slowing down in the winter, thats expected, big time also on coming out of SLK since there is alot mnts standing in the way that get heavy snow and close alot..
[/quote]

WOW Your wearing me out.. :biglaugh:

First Question...I plan to retire here if possible, it is the best job I ever had, aside from the politics that go along with these big copirations......

Second.....You drop and hook in Kent(provided your freight is ready), no dock work.....

Third.... These run from SLK are preferred run, so they are all senior well seasoned drivers. if they can get there they will

Fourth..... You are currently working, so I do not want to encourage you to make a decision based on my opinion. I am pretty well informed on this lane, but you are the one that will live and die by the results....You know the LTL Environment as well as the rest of us, I am only telling you how things are today....Will they change in this lane, I don't think so, but you are the one that has to live with the decision. All I can add is this is a $70,000 position with no time missed, so take a Little off of that for winter... The rest is anybodies guess.

Thanks racer, sorry i wore you out lol =) with all those questions... just a big change to be made if i do it, and just wanna make sure its a good one, overall i think it sounds alot better then my current gig

Since you are coming from conway i can promise you it is better i worked there twice.

First time they starved me out.

Second time the wife fell ill during the first 15 months had to get better ins. benies. But now there are sooooo!!!!!!!!!!! may other reasons why this place is better (to many to list). Good luck!!!

Thanks Ltl for lyfe i appreciate your response, ya im beat over here brotha, i worked my ass off 12 - 14 hr days everyweek and burning my 16 every week... i just wanna have a little bit less working job and be paid like i feel i deserve.

Thanks to all you for helping me in the choice process, i have a interview tue so i hope that goes well and everything follows suit till im in that purple uniform!!!

im hoping to one day fall into a day run but from sounds this kent run may be only thing out of my area... who knows about the future tho i guess... Thanks again guys!

I just came over from big E and I gave up a bunch of time there. But so far it's been the right move. No regrets at all.
Good luck to ya way out there in the Beaver State. :thumbsup:

So did you get the job? They just let a Hermiston driver go (too bad a great guy and driver) so now they need 7 drivers there. Hurry up so we can start pulling triples! :thumbsup:

[quote author=ajorg link=topic=79552.msg829961#msg829961 date=1273915575]
So did you get the job? They just let a Hermiston driver go (too bad a great guy and driver) so now they need 7 drivers there. Hurry up so we can start pulling triples! :thumbsup:
[/quote]

He must have been a heck of a worker if they gotta hire 7 to replace him... :biglaugh:

Ajorg, Do you work down there?

Still waiting on the background i assume... i did the interview etc and he said we needed to now do pre employment and then background and it could take awhile since they use 3rd party... so i am in a waiting game i assume kinda nerve racking but im hoping!!!

[quote author=Kings disciple link=topic=79552.msg824823#msg824823 date=1272288787]
I just came over from big E and I gave up a bunch of time there. But so far it's been the right move. No regrets at all.
Good luck to ya way out there in the Beaver State. :thumbsup:[/quote]

You came from Estes?
Man, round here I see Covenant pulling Estes sets.
Lots of em', too.
Who over there thought it was a good idea to have an OTR training carrier pull doubles?
Well, at least we'll know who's first in the ditch when the snow flies.
Kinda like carrier pigeons in the mine.

[quote author=ptown6184 link=topic=79552.msg830061#msg830061 date=1273949583]
Ajorg, Do you work down there?

Still waiting on the background i assume... i did the interview etc and he said we needed to now do pre employment and then background and it could take awhile since they use 3rd party... so i am in a waiting game i assume kinda nerve racking but im hoping!!!
[/quote]
I work out of SLC, Hermiston is my destination.
They needed 6 drivers to fill the last bids, with the dismissal of that great driver and person, they now need 7 drivers.

Ouch too bad to hear about that driver, Hope the best for him!... I am super stoked to get rolling, I have been told this is a long slow process.. im just antsy! =)... heard i would be doing a new train program where im in SLC for 3 weeks then in dallas or cinci or harrisburg for 1 week orientation and then on the road.. sounds like a long process from start to finish but im stoked!