Got A New Tv Today

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
yeah, thought it was about time. the old Sony i had , i got new at Sears, back in 2008. it is a 1080i
still works great too, but i have been helping family out with a fraction of that scarring check, and thought, "why the hell not"?

so there is a discount store near me, that advertises on the AM radio talk show i listen to.

went to thier website, to search for a 40" tv. in my particular tv room, that size is about the max i can comfortably fit in there.

so they have NEW Samsung, 40" 4K HDR Smart TV,s under $300.

i also picked up a smaller 24" samsung for the kitchen, it only has 720 resolution, or whatever they call it. good enough to watch the morning and noon news, and maybe the Rifleman....

set both up.

i am digging the 2160 (4k) resolution, makes everything look like it's all live, rather than filmed. almost a 3-D effect to, i'd venture to say.

many of you may have such a tv, i was hesitant to even buy this one, but the price was right for me.

this place buys over stocked tv's, and refurbished tv's, and sells for discounts.

i also got to "spin the prize wheel", either for a discount, or BOGO....i ended up with a wild card, allowing me an extra spin..i "won" 15 raffle tickets, for friday's drawing for a 55" tv....(don't know the name)

if i were to win that, it'll go to my niece....she wanted a larger tv, to play her videos games on...lol

both tv's have been turned on since about 10:30 when i got home, to "burn them in". it's what i have done to tv's for the longest time. if anything is going to go wrong, it was told to me that during the burn in time, that's when it'll happen. i got that information from a former customer/friend of mine, when i turned wrenches, and he was a Radio Shack store manager.

burn in time was told to me to be at least 12 hours, some others say 24 hours.

who knows, maybe burn in time, just isn't needed any more

yeah, thought it was about time. the old Sony i had , i got new at Sears, back in 2008. it is a 1080i
still works great too, but i have been helping family out with a fraction of that scarring check, and thought, "why the hell not"?

so there is a discount store near me, that advertises on the AM radio talk show i listen to.

went to thier website, to search for a 40" tv. in my particular tv room, that size is about the max i can comfortably fit in there.

so they have NEW Samsung, 40" 4K HDR Smart TV,s under $300.

i also picked up a smaller 24" samsung for the kitchen, it only has 720 resolution, or whatever they call it. good enough to watch the morning and noon news, and maybe the Rifleman....

set both up.

i am digging the 2160 (4k) resolution, makes everything look like it's all live, rather than filmed. almost a 3-D effect to, i'd venture to say.

many of you may have such a tv, i was hesitant to even buy this one, but the price was right for me.

this place buys over stocked tv's, and refurbished tv's, and sells for discounts.

i also got to "spin the prize wheel", either for a discount, or BOGO....i ended up with a wild card, allowing me an extra spin..i "won" 15 raffle tickets, for friday's drawing for a 55" tv....(don't know the name)

if i were to win that, it'll go to my niece....she wanted a larger tv, to play her videos games on...lol

both tv's have been turned on since about 10:30 when i got home, to "burn them in". it's what i have done to tv's for the longest time. if anything is going to go wrong, it was told to me that during the burn in time, that's when it'll happen. i got that information from a former customer/friend of mine, when i turned wrenches, and he was a Radio Shack store manager.

burn in time was told to me to be at least 12 hours, some others say 24 hours.

who knows, maybe burn in time, just isn't needed any more
Well I sorry to say but since your posting both of the tv are now out of date and newer and better models have come out and now we can buy thoses same tv's for 50% less they you paid.:6817:

Well I sorry to say but since your posting both of the tv are now out of date and newer and better models have come out and now we can buy thoses same tv's for 50% less they you paid.:6817:
oh i know...brand new, a couple of years ago, they were like about $1,000 or more.

for the love of god and all that's holy, i never buy brand new, first time ever electronics. remember the VCR's..??

when they first came out, they too were well over $1,000..in like 2 to 3 years time, under $200, and then like down to $69.00

i laugh at the people that gotta have the latest greatest devices and pay thru the nose......

Hey Pro. You can play a DVD of a fish tank on a loop on those new TVs.....
cool...right now, i was trying to find a new tv cart..one that is wider (but i have limitations) and it needs to have wheels...can't find anything, online., a trip to walmart might be in order.

I noticed Walmart dropped their prices on TVs the most expensive was about $350
The 3 year warranty is dirt cheap too

well last week, i went to wally world, and got me a "sound bar" for my new tv...great sounding for a mere $149.00

set it all up, had to use a USB cable, and not the optical cable, even though my tv DOES have the optical cable connection.

set it all up, including my tv settings, and Verizon FiOS box..

super incredible sounds....!!

but ONE slight problem...

during the night, it turned my tv ON.....!!!

i'm like WTF...??

so first i blamed me, maybe i did not turn off the tv.

but i did.

went into ALL settings, on EVERYTHING.....they were all where they needed to be.

so for giggles, i disconnected the sound bar, went to bed.

got up the next morning...tv off.......hhhmmm....

reconnected the sound bar the next day,......went to bed, got up the next morning...tv is ON..!!!!!!

i had had enough...back to wally world for a full refund.....

i have a Samsung tv, the sound bar was a Sony........so as a result "some things" could not be accessed from my Samsung, but they were not inherent to the operation of the sound bar.

i might try another sound bar, maybe this next time, a Samsung, but they were really higher priced than the Sony

and also had a large sub woofer box, that i really had no place to put it.....

but when i have the time, i'll go back and take another looksie....