Yellow | "GOT DOUBLES"?!

Haul it all for nothing. Twice as much freight for the same pay.
They stole it.....and kept it.
While you were dreaming.
Complacent.
Nobody's doing that for you.
Look at the prices.
Used cars with 200,000 miles for $5000.
$5/dozen eggs.
$5/gallon of gas and milk.
Wake up.
My how short your memory is Trump saved your company from closing the doors a few short months later the IBT endorsed Biden he bailed out your pension both did so at the expense of the American tax payers. And here you are complaining about pulling doubles so maybe just maybe your doors won't close. Do you realize that if YRC can't make a profit you won't have a job at all. You work to profit yourself and your family as do every one who works. I wouldn't pay the company to let me work I'd loose money.

Can anybody even prove that they had anything to back up the numbers lent to us?

What's the next demand to keep the doors open to ruin the industry for all drivers.
We must do this to compete.
We must do that to survive

We must do this to have a job.
Road jobs eliminated to become dock workers.
People who don't haul doubles must haul doubles.

What's the next necessity to survive

I guarentee they have about 1000 more demands which get worse and worse......if only we give them this like we have the other stuff.

Tell them we're hauling doubles and working the dock.....even though we're not.
Just like we got loans from people who had no money to loan.
Magic.
Now we're all happy and living the lie.
Just put it on a computer screen like a bunch of phony numbers.....and we're all hauling doubles and working the dock.
So you're questioning both government bailouts and loans from the banks? There's a reason virtually every LTL company pulls doubles its effective and makes financial sense. So are you going to refuse to pull doubles and go to work for Swift?

New Penn made more money per dollar than all carriers.
And they didn't pull doubles.
You accepted a standard which gives them twice as much for the money.
It didn't make them more than New Penn made.
Big piles of money are easy to dip into.
And the heads of all companies know that all too well.
You're getting ripped off and desire the same from all New Penn drivers.
Once done they've completed one huge heist of all LTL drivers.

Pitt-Ohio and Ward are PA companies. They don't use them.
If they wanted to make real money as Super Regional. They'd use the Best system for the region. Which was New Penn's system.
One small trailer which goes almost anywhere.
They could do the same and load doubles at our edges if it's necessary in Holland's region...which it isn't.

Best OR is what I'm talking. Not the most money.But OR is necessary to make the money.
New Penn would be a blip on the LTL screen today.
And it is about making money....OR can be doctored any way a company wants.

They need guys like you again.
They've worked so hard making magic numbers and can't go without owning half the world.
Haul all that extra freight and keep guys sitting at home and losing their houses and cars for their interest rate increases to bail themselves out...they need you again. They'll buy up all their houses for nothing.
Drivers don't. But they need you.

FeQReufXwAA-N5d.md.jpeg
They don't make money by sending 2 guys for a one person job.
Fuel was less then...tractors cost less then...discounts weren't as high then.
So a company should just use 48's or 45's in order to keep paying high line haul cost so we can keep somebody in a job?
Every company will tell you the same....line haul is the most expensive aspect of runners truck line.

The only big change in the Northeast is the new mass buildings of huge distribution centers.
And they want 53's.
Pups are waste when it comes to those.
An unnecessary piece of equipment.
So you use 53's for that stuff which probably costs more to haul and you make no money.
Just stuff on paper you look like you're making money. In reality you're probably losing more than it's worth.

So you'd be best with 45's and 53's.
Not Yellow's pup system
53's to go distance in and out ofOTHER regions.
Narrow, 12'6" 45s to take it to and from DC's in the Northeast.
The narrow trailer can be used on most all roads where the DC's are not.
It's the most efficient trailer here.
Not the tall 102 pup.
Not the 53 when not dealing with bulk.

Last edited:
It all looks good on paper.
Fact is....New Penn made money not doing what you say for years and years.
All aspects you bring up were the same for that time period.
Fuel was fuel...a cost....nothing is the same price as then Yet they beat everybody
First you say it's all about making money then you say discounts are high....????.....in order to lose money?
It's a region that they handled best.
We don't like to wait in the Northeast.
And your way is slow and damage prone.
If they want to be super regional a f have low OR like the regionals did.....
Then the breaks should be at each regional border and they should run each region as they were run most efficiently.
That means 45x96x12'6" in the Northeast. It is only one day freight within our region.
Take all year with your stacked pups and 53's in the rest of the country if you want.
If you want big rigs...fine
Keep them out of here. They lose money here.
And put people out of work .
You haul 2x as much...the companies take the money and cry broke. And the states will come to you for tax money to take care of the people who could be taken care of by doing what we do. Not welfare. That comes out of our check too.
We take the whole hit.
News flash , SNM...your not a little regional carrier anymore!
I said discounts were less...
Plus its more competitive now. No more of the next carrier stays off your turf anymore.
The non unions control the market share.
I don't know about you, but I'm here to make money..not a little, not to break even...as much as I can.
If I'm gonna get up to go to work I may as well get the most out of it.
Doubles, 48's, a pup, a 53, 102, 96, the straight truck...bring it, and the check!
That being said, I expect the company and their investors want the same...as much as they can get.
Did you come to work this year to make $70,000 when you made $85,000 last year?

The only big change in the Northeast is the new mass buildings of huge distribution centers.
And they want 53's.
Pups are waste when it comes to those.
An unnecessary piece of equipment.
So you use 53's for that stuff which probably costs more to haul and you make no money.
Just stuff on paper you look like you're making money. In reality you're probably losing more than it's worth.

So you'd be best with 45's and 53's.
Not Yellow's pup system
53's to go distance in and out ofOTHER regions.
Narrow, 12'6" 45s to take it to and from DC's in the Northeast.
The narrow trailer can be used on most all roads where the DC's are not.
It's the most efficient trailer here.
Not the tall 102 pup.
Not the 53 when not dealing with bulk.
Wouldn't you want 2 employees to make those deliveries at those D.C.'s so you brother can male a check as well?
City guys need hours too!

I was under the impression that New Penn was no longer. It’s under the Yellow umbrella isn’t it. Let’s see, when OD acquired a regional LTL in the northwest a number of years ago, that company was brought under the OD way of how things were ran. Just saying.