TForce | Got our 68 mph back. {sort of}

Crumudgeon

Guru of the Gobblydeguk Constitutionalist
PREMIUM
Credits
Brother Toiletpaper shared a memo he received yesterday.
TFI agreed to return tractors to 68 mph. With a twist.
68 will be available on the cruise only.
65 mph on the pedal.
While it won't please everyone it is an improvement. A decent compromise IMHO.
Hopefully Brother TP can attach a copy. I somehow deleted it..................

And I suppose the Cruise is trapped inside the Radar Collision crap hard coded into it.

No one could pay me a damn million to endure a tractor constantly knocking me down to 49 waiting on slow traffic some distance ahead.

Thats not anything to celebrate. Now if you coded say 72 on the pedal... and 68 on cruise and gave out a bonus weekly to those who only used maybe 10% total speed regime above 68....

It would be even better if you trained your dispatch or anyones dispatch in this Trucking Industry to start asking the DRIVAH what his Professional Opinion when, what time, where and how that freight or deadhead is going to arrive from A to B before scheduling a trip.

Right now eveyrthing is a emergency needing to be finished yesterday because brokers, sales and dispatch all make promises that Drivers now have to fulfil. No one asked drivers anything. They are simply told to be across the USA in 55 hours and damned if you are already late.

And I suppose the Cruise is trapped inside the Radar Collision crap hard coded into it.

No one could pay me a damn million to endure a tractor constantly knocking me down to 49 waiting on slow traffic some distance ahead.

Thats not anything to celebrate. Now if you coded say 72 on the pedal... and 68 on cruise and gave out a bonus weekly to those who only used maybe 10% total speed regime above 68....

It would be even better if you trained your dispatch or anyones dispatch in this Trucking Industry to start asking the DRIVAH what his Professional Opinion when, what time, where and how that freight or deadhead is going to arrive from A to B before scheduling a trip.

Right now eveyrthing is a emergency needing to be finished yesterday because brokers, sales and dispatch all make promises that Drivers now have to fulfil. No one asked drivers anything. They are simply told to be across the USA in 55 hours and damned if you are already late.
You and me are dinosaurs, this tech crap is here to stay.

Do I miss the throb of a 425 Cat under your right foot while on a pull?
Do I miss clamping the fuel return line or plugging the puff limiter to get that little bit more you know is there?
Do I miss the days where it was just you and the truck? Not having someone able to watch you in real time. or knowing exactly where you are 24/7.
Do I miss the time when you could lean on some chucklehead for doing something stupid? Without having them pick-up a cell phone or posting the video online within minutes.
You bet your a$$ I do............

That is why this retirement thing suits me so much.
This tech crap ain't going no where but up, and with the lawyers and insurance companies calling the shots, it ain't gonna get any better..........:tr10driving03:

65 mph on the pedal.
So I have to fumble around with cruise controls while trying to pass someone..makes sense...can the teamsters put their foot down on anything? Always a bullshit catch or backdoor around crap! plus out of the 9 tractors we received all but 1 hasn't had any problems...also they think they would tell the drivers about when you hit 68 that the engine brake comes on full force..it was great finding that out in the rain..

65 mph on the pedal.
I would if I knew how getting old sucks

So I have to fumble around with cruise controls while trying to pass someone..makes sense...can the teamsters put their foot down on anything? Always a ******** catch or backdoor around crap! plus out of the 9 tractors we received all but 1 hasn't had any problems...also they think they would tell the drivers about when you hit 68 that the engine brake comes on full force..it was great finding that out in the rain..
There should be some kind of training involved in these hi-tech trucks. I also hear the new KW's are full of problems, When I got my Volvo new a few years ago I read the operators manual. Compared to the new stuff they are antiques. My first trip in a new Freightliner almost ended in disaster. damn thing ghost braked on me in the rain, jake wide open, brakes came on hard. It was WTF!!
It boils down to they own the trucks, as long as it doesn't affect safety, they can all but do what they see fit. This is industry wide, not just here.....
Enjoy the ride, a few minutes isn't worth a stroke....

There should be some kind of training involved in these hi-tech trucks. I also hear the new KW's are full of problems, When I got my Volvo new a few years ago I read the operators manual. Compared to the new stuff they are antiques. My first trip in a new Freightliner almost ended in disaster. damn thing ghost braked on me in the rain, jake wide open, brakes came on hard. It was WTF!!
It boils down to they own the trucks, as long as it doesn't affect safety, they can all but do what they see fit. This is industry wide, not just here.....
Enjoy the ride, a few minutes isn't worth a stroke....

20220316_051902.md.jpg 20220316_042022.md.jpg 20220211_002051.md.jpg

Getting old may suck but it sure beats the alternative.
(Unless of course you work yourself up unnecessarily over a couple of mph speed of your tractor and not being able to pass someone. OMG, the tragedy!)
Amazing how many on here can’t handle that this freight outfit, or that one passes them nightly. And then I see pictures that remind me that I am not that obsessed with getting done 30 minutes sooner a day.

61FE6E89-DA54-4875-B25C-EEA7D692AA63.md.png

Amazing how many on here can’t handle that this freight outfit, or that one passes them nightly. And then I see pictures that remind me that I am not that obsessed with getting done 30 minutes sooner a day.

Has nothing to do about finishing early...
I had a owner operater road rage on me because I couldn't get out of the middle lane...flew by me got in front and slammed his brakes on..I tried to go left to avoid hitting him and he proceeded to force into the hov lane...I like to be able to pass people to keep a safe distance between me and everyone else...also no coaching session over getting road raged on..weird that doesn't show up on video..

Also...30 minutes adds up to a extra week at work at the end of the year...for free...enjoy

Has nothing to do about finishing early...
I had a owner operater road rage on me because I couldn't get out of the middle lane...flew by me got in front and slammed his brakes on..I tried to go left to avoid hitting him and he proceeded to force into the hov lane...I like to be able to pass people to keep a safe distance between me and everyone else...also no coaching session over getting road raged on..weird that doesn't show up on video..
You do realize that there's another alternative to keeping a safe distance and that is just backing off a bit rather than always trying to pass when you can't easily. Jeez, what's wrong with people these days?

You do realize that there's another alternative to keeping a safe distance and that is just backing off a bit rather than always trying to pass when you can't easily. Jeez, what's wrong with people

I feel sad for that you that you seem so obsessed with speed and time that you feel the need to calculate crap that way. You're what's wrong with drivers these days IMHO.
Maybe I am! I don't come here to argue...also I don't care about your opinion...just saying...I have had more close calls since the turn down...that Was my point...

Not arguing at all, just trying to get you to use some common sense. By the way, the turn downs don't cause "close calls", your driving

Not arguing at all, just trying to get you to use some common sense. By the way, the turn downs don't cause "close calls", your driving does.
Common sense isn't common!

You drive your truck..I will drive mine!
Again that is YOUR opinion...In all my years driving I never had as many close calls since the turn down...MY opinion.

Common sense isn't common!

You drive your truck..I will drive mine!
Again that is YOUR opinion...In all my years driving I never had as many close calls since the turn down...MY opinion.
When someone tells me that he's having close calls because his truck is a little slower than it was before, that tells me more than I need to know about his skill as a driver. Have a nice (and safe) day.