ODFL | Gound Broke On New Kcy Terminal

sparky

TB Regular
Credits
From what I understand the grading has started at the new KCY terminal. It will be 150 doors with a shop, is being built by a contractor that has built two other OD Terminals. The dock will be poured concrete, The sides prefabricated concrete. On 50 acres with room to expand. Completion set for early summer.

parsons

Heard a rumor the other day that the par terminal,when it was aquired,they were only going to be around for 2 years.Could be true since the new KCY yard will be big enough for a move?

Goodland KS

Hey Sparky,I was up your way about two months ago and wound up going to that drop yard in Goodland and was informed that we were going to have a terminal there in about a year or two.Small town though but a real good relay point I think.Was also told that we were servicing that town but the terminal that takes care of them was quite a distance away.

Guess they need something in Goodland. Always looked like some town out of the Twlight Zone to me. kind of a wind swept town that got lucky and ended up along I 70. Would not think that OD would have any problem getting help there. A fellow would have the best paying job in town.

some companies use Goodland as a drop point for triples going east and west. The big 3 used it as a turn point ran out motel out there for driver layover. Usually had a driver from area assigned and would run routes backwords finishing in Goodland with enough time to make any pickups or delivery

Sure know when the snow flies out there ! doubt very serious it they had a terminal there for anything worth keeping upkeep on a building or staffing it.

some companies use Goodland as a drop point for triples going east and west. The big 3 used it as a turn point ran out motel out there for driver layover. Usually had a driver from area assigned and would run routes backwords finishing in Goodland with enough time to make any pickups or delivery

Sure know when the snow flies out there ! doubt very serious it they had a terminal there for anything worth keeping upkeep on a building or staffing it.

Guess they are already running trips out their from DEN using drivers out of Topeka to go fetch the droped trailers.
OD also delivers western KS out of Great Bend. One driver pulls a set to Wakeney making Deliveries on the way and around there than drops one and peddles deliveries east to Salina from there.

According to the OD website we have a Bismarck ND terminal now.The website shows the same address as the Magnum Terminal but the phone numbers do not match so either the address is not updated or we are sharing the Magnum terminal

Old reply

According to the OD website we have a Bismarck ND terminal now.The website shows the same address as the Magnum Terminal but the phone numbers do not match so either the address is not updated or we are sharing the Magnum terminal

Remember the old reply "Oh,we're just friends".....Time will tell.