Averitt | Great article on Averitt's success..

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
“We’re the small guys; we’re kind of the underdogs in all this,” Rackley said. “Our plans are always on adding good density to the south. We want to be a regional carrier with a local reach.” Averitt Drew Stone New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung

Ok great article, anyone want to take any bets on how long it will be before ltl lifer poo poo's this story?

How do you call a company with 6000 employees and 1 billion in revenue the "little guys"...

“We’re very meticulous in who we hire,” Rackley said. “We spend a lot of time on recruiting.

Yea right out of driving school...

The Averitt guy mentioned in this article, a regional "vice president" (if that's what you want to call him) is one of the major problems this company has. One of THE dumbest executives to ever hold a position with any company that I have ever been associated with. The fact that little dick has kept this man on the payroll for almost 16 years in the position he is in is very telling.

Ok jmac4065, I commented on it. Happy now?

The Averitt guy mentioned in this article, a regional "vice president" (if that's what you want to call him) is one of the major problems this company has. One of THE dumbest executives to ever hold a position with any company that I have ever been associated with. The fact that little dick has kept this man on the payroll for almost 16 years in the position he is in is very telling.

Ok jmac4065, I commented on it. Happy now?

I was beginning to feel left out. Yes I'm very happy thanks. But I lost the pool I had going, I had you commenting on this post in less than a day. Maybe next time.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zhfkqf

I cannot understand why people think I am going to poo poo everything when that is not the case. I see things for what they are and am an extreme realist. I have not, cannot, and will not candy coat anything that I see or read about this company. Nothing or nobody will convince me that these people are being straight up with us. I view them as a company that is struggling to keep their head above water with an increasingly incompetent management and tactics to lie to their employees about the condition they are in.

Remember, AE is not a publicly held company so there is ZERO accountability from stockholders. Therefore, they can report good bad or otherwise for all to see and the only one who truly knows what these figures TRULY are would be those select tight-lipped few on the upper management team. Don't be fooled by their propaganda for one second. We could be operating at a 90 and they could report a 104 for their own selfish reasons and there is not one way that you can find out the truth. Sad but it's so.

But on the flip side your thoughts are your opinions, you say they "could be doing this" or "that". You have no proof of dishonesty.In my 23.5 years of service Averitt has never broken my trust. I work, they pay me on Friday, they have never let me down. Averitt is a business, they do not sit in meetings and wonder if this decision will make Randy Freels,me, happy. It's not about me, it's about making money, when Averitt turns thoughts into cash we all win. Have all their ideas turned to gold? Of course not. Have they made a decision and then the economy take a turn and that plan not work out? Yes. But hey I'm not the perfect employee and Averitt is not the perfect employer. I chose to drive a truck, not to be a dispatcher, not to be the one who plans schedules, to sell freight, to management employees or work on trucks. So I will do just that, drive a red truck, dispatch on time, arrive on time, wear the uniform and keep my equipment clean and drive as safe as humanly possible at all times. Lifer I would think that the closer you get to retirement the happier you would be, I've got a good 20 more years to go and I enjoy my job as much as ever.

CM, you have no proof of honesty from these people. You just swim in their pond and choose to not see the yellow water. I am glad you are thrilled with these folks but realize that you are in the minority. I don't look for them to tell me anything to make me happy because at this point I wouldn't believe it. They have proven to me that they are liars on more than one occasion so putting any stock in anything they say is simply foolish.

I would surely hate to think that in this climate in the trucking business where all guns are pointed at the driver that I would have to stomach 20 more years of this mess. Looking back 20 years ago compared to today, i wonder how bad it will be in 20. Gladly I will not be around to see it.

With all the respect in the world, you can't blame the company for lying to you and your discontent. You should have quit on the first lie. I will walk away in a heart beat if I ever thought Averitt had lied to me and felt like I couldn't trust them, and don't throw the "millionaire" retirement possibilty at me, that was a different time, a different economy and 3000 less employees.

Averitt has been stuck in a rut for years. No expansion whatsoever. This is the number one reason that we have not been bought out by another carrier because nobody wants some little regional carrier (which a buyout would be the best thing to ever happen to this outfit and the stale and smelly management could be sent packing). I'm not discontent...only see things as a realist sees everything and for what it is. Until it is bought out or the deadwood dies off, we will be stuck in this rut. Getting awards from Walmart or joining up with some network or another means nothing.

Since you don't want to hear the million dollar story, how about the mighty up and coming Averitt Air. That bombed like a truck wreck on I-40.

I could have walked long ago but as I have stated a thousand times, I'm not willing, at my age, to go start at the bottom of some other outfit's board. I'll stay here until such time as I see something come along (and I am always looking). Just because I stay does this mean that I have to swallow their lines and lines of bullcrap? You can choose to do so all you wish but I, along with the majority of the others, don't buy anything that they say.

Yep, bombed. This was sold to those that chose to listen that this was going to be the next FedEx. Laughable. All they do is fly around a couple country star wannabes and are a jiffy-lube type operation for private aircraft.

Oh well, I guess we again see things differently. Never heard the Fedex compete story, we were always told they were charter jets with the possibility of hauling very limited amounts of time sensitive cargo and seized an opportunity to make some mega bucks in the air maintenance and service department.

Not the way it was originally sold to us. However, every terminal manager chooses to put their own spin on all that AE does.

The VP mentioned in the article, none the less, is still a moron and about the worst VP of anything in any corporation.

I run into our regional VP all the time, GOOD GUY, very knowledgable and WILL take the time to talk with you! I don't talk about issues at my home domicie with him, thats between me and the serctr director for all the good that does. Ran into the regional guy out of CLT while I was at CHR awhile back,Also a good guy, and a EX TRUCKER, AVRT DOES have people out there working hard, so we ALL can make $$$$$!