•    Since Adults seem to be in charge again, Truckingboards is back on Twitter @truckingboards

Great Southern bought by Ryder Truck Lines who married PIE & On & On

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
hay seabreeze when my dad Sid Matthews was working at great southern in Jacksonville I rember him takling about the owner of Great Southern he had a lot of stories . Im thinking he called him old man rollinson . does that sound right ?
I never met Mr. Raulerson, he was also hauling cars for Ford.
G S was the largest carrier in the Southeast when acquired by Jim Ryder.

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
hay seabreeze when my dad Sid Matthews was working at great southern in Jacksonville I rember him takling about the owner of Great Southern he had a lot of stories . Im thinking he called him old man rollinson . does that sound right ?
This was from a 1980 safety mag they sent out each month.
You may recognize some of these outlaws.

Triplex

Experienced stalker
Most pics of the older freight guys were dressed up & wore a hat like the one in this pic. When did drivers start wearing cowboy hats & cowboy boots?
Can't say for sure buy my guess would be in the later 1960's when CB radio started to be used by truckers. Just a guess on my part though.

Hookman

Just passing thru on my way home
Premium
Breeze, it looks like you came to work straight from your sheriff job and didn't have time to change clothes. :438:
Where did you find my picture Hook?
The company asked me to pose for this.
They thought a line driver would make this F 8 look better, notice how trim, with no pot belly!
Found it on the Andy Griffith Mayberry website. :lmao:I always liked Barney.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock