TForce | Greenville SC info

yo-yo

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi, long time reader here finally decided to join to see if i could get some info on the Greenville SC center.

I noticed on the website the only current opening they have is for a full time dockworker with CDL. Is that position something worth applying to? Could they keep me busy enough that I wouldn't starve? I know what it's like on the bottom of the board but just looking for a little inside info.

My ultimate goal would be to get a nighttime linehaul bid, I don't mind local P&D but night shift works best for me and my family. Would the dockworker position be a good way to work towards that or would I be better off waiting until spring time and seeing what's posted then? I know ya gotta start somewhere but not sure how to go about this.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Dock/cdl means you'll be working the dock about as much as you'll be doing p&d. We just added 2 road drivers they haven't started yet. You wont starve you can get 8 to 10 hours a day no problem and be able to run linhaul on the weekends when work is available. If its linhaul you're looking for as soon as a position comes open you'll have 1st dibbs.

Thanks a ton for the info tp. I don’t mind dock work at all.

Might I ask what kind of runs y’all have out of Greenville? I live in between Greenville and gaffney but have heard you may have trouble getting enough work out of gaffney. I worked for another major ltl for a few years, had a decent linehaul bid but left for that green grass, ya know young and dumb. In my early 30’s now and just wanna find a place to park my arse for the next 30 or so years.

Thanks again for the reply!

The worst schedule is what we call the Gaffney minihub. You'll work the dock for about 4 hours in Greenville drive to Gaffney work the dock there then return to Greenville. Starting out on that run isn't bad money.

Take the job in GVL if you value a predictable schedule. Drivers in Gaffney are staying very busy but being on the bottom you'll have no idea what your doing day to day. Word is we are hiring around 20 drivers.

Man I really appreciate the info guys. Gvl is a bit closer to home so that’d probably be my first choice, thanks for the heads up driver. Just trying to weigh out if I can afford to take that initial hit to the wallet for the first couple years of the pay scale.

The worst schedule is what we call the Gaffney minihub. You'll work the dock for about 4 hours in Greenville drive to Gaffney work the dock there then return to Greenville. Starting out on that run isn't bad money.

Thanks tp for all the inside information. Definitely easier to make a decision when you have an idea of what you can expect