ABF | Greer, SC. ABF terminal

image0000003fe42287eae031af.md.jpeg
Can anyone please give me more information about this notice

I would like to clarify. I’m not from this terminal or from South Carolina. I’m from California and this was sent to me by a fellow ABF Road Driver who got it from s.c. I’m posting this to see any one knows more about this??? Or if any one knows Edgar Thompson, from local 776 to let us know what this is about

I would like to clarify. I’m not from this terminal or from South Carolina. I’m from California and this was sent to me by a fellow ABF Road Driver who got it from s.c. I’m posting this to see any one knows more about this??? Or if any one knows Edgar Thompson, from local 776 to let us know what this is about
If you google "Edgar Thompson local 776" his e-mail address and phone number come up on the local 776 web page.

I believe Ed is the president of 776 out of Camp Hill PA. Spencer is or was a road driver for TForce Freight an BA for 776. I work for TForce and remember them coming around when our contract negotiations were going on. They were both on the negotiating committee. I am curious why they would be visiting ABF in SC. Keep us posted.

I talked to Ed a few times in the last couple years...he is the Teamsters Eastern Region Freight Director, and president of the Harrisburg PA local...he told me one time that he travels to terminals to meet members....sounds like that is all it is....he told me sometime he may come to mine....hasn't happened yet...

I talked to Ed a few times in the last couple years...he is the Teamsters Eastern Region Freight Director, and president of the Harrisburg PA local...he told me one time that he travels to terminals to meet members....sounds like that is all it is....he told me sometime he may come to mine....hasn't happened yet...
Correct, they travel from terminal to terminal to meet with members and to see if the company is living up to the contract....

Correct, they travel from terminal to terminal to meet with members and to see if the company is living up to the contract....
I think the confusion is the way the notice is worded stating that Spencer Dearth is T Force Freight representative, giving some the impression that he is there on behalf of T Force rather than as a Union BA. Just my take on this.

I think the confusion is the way the notice is worded stating that Spencer Dearth is T Force Freight representative, giving some the impression that he is there on behalf of T Force rather than as a Union BA. Just my take on this.

That makes sense, so I went to the all Knowing Google. Google says

Spencer is currently serving as Local 776 Business Agent Representing members at TForce Freight, Dover Township, York City, Navistar, Pennsylvania American Water Company (Formerly the York City Wastewater Treatment Plant), and Arsenal Road Logistics.

My assumption is that he's filling in for the usual BA because that's a popular vacation week.

It's all in the wording and who you're asking. Example, Twiggy (showing my age) would you like a slice of some pie or Birtha would you some pie. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My buddy works at Greer and said that dude is just passing thru and stopping by just to talk thats it . He said there is some bigger meeting in SC somewhere close by.
Does your buddy know anything about the terminal in Anderson, SC closing or is it simply a rumor?