New Penn | Greetings From the Northeast

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
Real feel 100 degrees....with humidity.
Sick of the stupid politics.
Sick of the stupid industry nonsense.
Sick of so much stuff I couldn't list it or generalize it all.

Felt a little better after posting.
A laugh helps.

slavenomore

Premium
Bring Ken Leedy back
From what I understand, he would've never tolerated the change in trailers.
Anybody who wants no 102's or doubles and few 13'6"s....... has my vote.

People worked hard at NPME. I really never seen a whole company physically work hard and fast like New Penn.
I don't miss that.

When it's gone, and it will be, the real thing I will miss is that there was still a company and union who refused the status quo of 53's, 102's, doubles, and tall trailers.

That's what I will miss.......and it is in my head that once the wides and doubles come....I might be done.
I tried UPS....it was a little goofy. But the real thing I disliked was there wide and long trailers and doubles.
I don't want it.
And I might be done when they come here.
The trailer means alot.
The union sold out by allowing the changes in size.
The companies have made out like bandits since those changes.
And drivers just accept it.
Everybody makes out but the driver.
And those who got what they wanted and allowed....don't know how to get drivers nor keep drivers. Neverending driver shortage due to responsibility, risk, too many forced hours, and not nearly enough pay.....while they rake it in with those big trailers.

victor93

People worked hard at NPME. I really never seen a whole company physically work hard and fast like New Penn.
I don't miss that.

When it's gone, and it will be, the real thing I will miss is that there was still a company and union who refused the status quo of 53's, 102's, doubles, and tall trailers.

That's what I will miss.......and it is in my head that once the wides and doubles come....I might be done.
I tried UPS....it was a little goofy. But the real thing I disliked was there wide and long trailers and doubles.
I don't want it.
The trailer means alot.
And those who got what they wanted and allowed....don't know how to get drivers nor keep drivers. Neverending driver shortage due to responsibility, risk, too many forced hours, and not nearly enough pay.....while they rake it in with those big trailers.

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member

I don't miss that.

I don't want it.
The trailer means alot.
But just look at all that big money I made in the Carolinas.
When you pulled over 40K or had a 3 axle tractor, you were paid 1/8 cent more per mile.
It's no wonder most PIE drivers retired super-rich.

slavenomore

Premium
But just look at all that big money I made in the Carolinas.
When you pulled over 40K or had a 3 axle tractor, you were paid 1/8 cent more per mile.
It's no wonder most PIE drivers retired super-rich.
You guys all own the big money Outer Banks property, right?

slavenomore

Premium
Especially house deliveries with 53's . Old residential areas are impossible. Can't wait to give up this profession
I haven't done house deliveries with 53's. But wide is a problem on some of those.
They're not buying new 45's.
So I figure they'll do the wide stuff all over
Not into it.

I did a few years hauling cement trailers in NYC.
I also did a few hauling to mom and pop hardware stores all over Manhattan and Queens.
I think they were all narrow. I think the cement tanks were 40'. The hardware were narrow 45's. I had a fit about 48's and the OM went with me and I never had a 48 after that on that job.

slavenomore

Premium
THANKS FOR THE SHOT OF THE LJ
I was a new dispatch clerk at Branch who acquired some LJ'S

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock