New Penn | Greetings From the Northeast

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
If you can call (sand) property!
I see stickers on cars all over. Little ovals "OBX".
Usually expensive SUV's or pickup trucks have them.
Expensive vacation sand I'd bet.
Never been there.
Been to Topsail Beach. Fished on that pier all week a few days before the hurricane probably wiped it out. I can fish on a pier like that all day and night.

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
THANKS FOR THE SHOT OF THE LJ
I was a new dispatch clerk at Branch who acquired some LJ'S
IcYlHBP.jpg

One-time workhorse.
She lives near the foot of Fancy Gap on 52.

slavenomore

Premium
Looks like not a 53 or 102 to me. It doesn't hang outside the tires on the truck.

Trip you probably remember their White Road Boss tractors with the signal stat turn signals on the two outer cab markers.

R-1.md.jpg

Last edited:

slavenomore

Premium
But just look at all that big money I made in the Carolinas.
When you pulled over 40K or had a 3 axle tractor, you were paid 1/8 cent more per mile.
It's no wonder most PIE drivers retired super-rich.
I know Red Star and CF used the wide and long trailers.
And CF used doubles.

Were the doubles 96 wide or always 102 wide.
I think they are all 102 now.

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
I know Red Star and CF used the wide and long trailers.
And CF used doubles.

Were th, no long trailers.e doubles 96 wide or always 102 wide.
I think they are all 102 now.
We had some of each mostly 45' very few 48s
no 53s
The last 2 or 3 yrs we pulled only pups

Triplex

Experienced stalker
Trip you probably remember their White Road Boss tractors with the signal stat turn signals on the two outer cab markers.

R-1.md.jpg
Can't say I remember them SC. Didn't cross paths much with Branch on the road back in Maislin days. Remember Branch of course mostly from seeing their P&D in North Jersey but not that much on the road.

1947LJ

BRANCH went diesel in 62, with the WHITE RB and ROADRANGERS were our first tandem tractors, First one arrived in Framingham, I jumped in and and did my first try with a tandem ax and wiped out two feet of the neighbor's frontyard grass. Learned TA doesnt cut like a SA

1947LJ

BRANCH went diesel in 62, with the WHITE RB and ROADRANGERS were our first tandem tractors, First one arrived in Framingham, I jumped in and and did my first try with a tandem ax and wiped out two feet of the neighbor's frontyard grass. Learned TA doesnt cut like a SA

Kennesaw Kid

Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium
I picked up a Branch truck at their auction in January 1985 in Providence, RI and drove it back to Atlanta. I stopped in Pennsauken, NJ to fuel up. It was 40 below zero in RI that morning and had warmed up to 25 below zero in the picture. When I got to Atlanta it was 12 below zero. Coldest day on record at that time in Atlanta.

Branch1985---Copy-2.md.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock