Greyhound driver falling asleep

Would you ride a Greyhound? I sure as hell wouldn’t. It’s like a ghetto on wheels.
here's the thing. when i got my first driving job, I HAD to use greyhound, i had no other choice.

i was going to Davenport, IA, and back then, no computer for me to check on airports nearby.

but once i got there, and got the run-a-round on home time, when i got back to the motel, i checked the yellow pages for airlines. i had to taxi to Moline, IL to the quad city air port, board an american eagle to O'Hare, then jet home.....

all via Visa........!!!!!

never again by graypoop.

i did also go by train, dear god.....yet another in a nightmare of transportation.

have plastic, will fly.........

well now that i am pretty much medically retired for the past 4 years, i see no need to go anywhere's anymore......that ain't with in a driving range of about oh.....20 miles....lol

ok, maybe 40 miles, if i go to the beaches.......lol

Last edited:
It is bad enough when truckers doze off & crash off the sides of highways.
However when the freight your hauling are human lives,such as tour buses,those drivers need to use there heads.
Bottom line if they are not fit to drive,they shouldn't.
Actually any driver should follow the same practice.
You should know your own body if you are safe to drive or not.

Last edited:
Mutiny On Greyhound Bus To Dallas As Driver Was Falling Asleep

"The incident raises serious questions about whether a nationwide shortage of bus drivers is pushing current ones to drive without proper rest."

Googled what Greyhound bus drivers make. A lot of job openings for Greyhound - looks like around $20 hr , give or take a few dollars based on location. You live out of a suitcase until you get a route. Drive for 8 to 9 hours then break for 9 and you get called back to work. Seven days a week. Oh well , you get what you pay for.

Nationwide shortage of bus drivers?
Look at California coming up with a idea for teenagers to drive CMV's, so certainly Buses will be included.

Last Snailways/Sleyhound i rode in was latter 2008 to Indy and back to NC.
I'll stick with a 4 wheeler.
- - -
[Rant] DRIVE for 9 hours then BREAK for 9 hours?? Yeah that's restful. :ranting2:
BUS DRIVERS are exempt from the 1/2 HOUR BREAK??
WE TRUCKERS can only drive for 11 plus the (pointless) 1/2 hour BREAK and have to SHUTDOWN for 10??
Transporting PEOPLE is less important than FREIGHT??[/Rant]

Adding Rules and Regulations TO INHIBIT DRIVERS appears to equal WORSE SAFETY!!

Last time I bought a gh ticket They lost 2 of my bags then I could not contact Anyone to retrieve them ( phone number always busy ) as far as I'm concerned gh did it to themselves They are the TWA of bus lines and deserve all the bad press that comes their way

here's the thing. when i got my first driving job, I HAD to use greyhound, i had no other choice.

i was going to Davenport, IA, and back then, no computer for me to check on airports nearby.

but once i got there, and got the run-a-round on home time, when i got back to the motel, i checked the yellow pages for airlines. i had to taxi to Moline, IL to the quad city air port, board an american eagle to O'Hare, then jet home.....

all via Visa........!!!!!

never again by graypoop.

i did also go by train, dear god.....yet another in a nightmare of transportation.

have plastic, will fly.........

well now that i am pretty much medically retired for the past 4 years, i see no need to go anywhere's anymore......that ain't with in a driving range of about oh.....20 miles....lol

ok, maybe 40 miles, if i go to the beaches.......lol

I'm retired. I work part time. 8 round trips per half day, of about 8 miles. I see plenty of stupid in that turn