FedEx Freight | Ground Pulling Our Freight

Ratchet

TB Lurker
Credits
New member here. Has anybody heard or seen ground pulling our trailers.? Heard from several drivers that run shuttles that hubs loading several ground trailers with our fright and leaving more n more of our drivers sitting at home and using ground drivers instead to save money.

New member here. Has anybody heard or seen ground pulling our trailers.? Heard from several drivers that run shuttles that hubs loading several ground trailers with our fright and leaving more n more of our drivers sitting at home and using ground drivers instead to save money.
Ground trailers aren't setup for skids of freight. They're meant to be loose loaded, even have roller racks up the middle to help.

That rumor is as old as FedEx buying American Freightways and it's never been true. The closest it gets is actually the other way around; Freight tractors running Ground sets around Christmas time because they're too busy.

Ground trailers aren't setup for skids of freight. They're meant to be loose loaded, even have roller racks up the middle to help.

That rumor is as old as FedEx buying American Freightways and it's never been true. The closest it gets is actually the other way around; Freight tractors running Ground sets around Christmas time because they're too busy.
Not true.... ground does have pup trailers that can haul skidded freight and support a forklift as well as having a large fleet of 53 foot trailers.

As far as them moving your freight..... who knows.... I doubt it..... freight does move ground freight during Christmas peek.

Ground uses the terms..... belly for the loose packages which have the rollers..... and rail for the pups you can drive a forklift into.

Yeah I know we pull extra ground freight around Xmas. But supposedly cgt and nas r having xtra board drivers sitting at home while ground comes in and pulls four freight. From what I was told dock workers loading 53 foot ground trailers.

Yeah I know we pull extra ground freight around Xmas. But supposedly cgt and nas r having xtra board drivers sitting at home while ground comes in and pulls four freight. From what I was told dock workers loading 53 foot ground trailers.
Could be??? If so it's most likely a temporary thing to help out. Just like freight helping at Christmas time.

If it was happening at NAS we'd have heard about it here. And Ground doesn't linehaul their 53's, they usually use them for distribution loads.

If Freight is loading Ground, it's probably stuff meant for distribution/home delivery. They've shared contract customers like that before. I remember hauling Milwaukee Tool across the border; Ground got home delivery and Freight got store delivery.

If it was happening at NAS we'd have heard about it here. And Ground doesn't linehaul their 53's, they usually use them for distribution loads.

If Freight is loading Ground, it's probably stuff meant for distribution/home delivery. They've shared contract customers like that before. I remember hauling Milwaukee Tool across the border; Ground got home delivery and Freight got store delivery.
I worked at ground for 8 years.... I pull 53s most of the time....occasionally doubles . I did smart post and regular ground.

Not sure there is much (if any) difference between a ground CONTRACTOR signing up as a PT hauler for Freight, and any other TL carrier doing it. Ground is not the contractor, the truck owner is. Presumably same price, same terms, as any other.

PT rolls every day. It's part of the scheduled plan, down to a science.

We are loading ground vans at our place. Its freight that would have been going contractor anyway, so I am told.

They have for years. Nothing new .