XPO | Handheld Motor Moves

This is nothing to brag about. This app, IMO causes employees to care more about speed and less about injuries, accidents, and damaged freight. What's more expensive in the long run, less motor moves/hour or the consequences of hurrying? If you ask Tony Brooks, he would tell you the former but then he's an :censored: because he would rather stiff customers for damaged freight than actually pay a claim.
New guys ( dockworkers ) started two weeks ago. TWO WEEKS. ( with XPO's system that means about one week worth of being on your own )

At some point , one if the new dockworkers comes up to me and shows me the video game graphic on the handheld and says he's trying to be #1

Say what? I told him learn the job first , it's your first few days on your own. Don't worry about motor moves , for Heavens sake!

The brainwashing is working. Next , there'll be a meeting for damages , telling us that they are too high. With upper management confused as to why this is happening.

No training. Poor messaging. Wrong focus. = Damages.

New guys ( dockworkers ) started two weeks ago. TWO WEEKS. ( with XPO's system that means about one week worth of being on your own )

At some point , one if the new dockworkers comes up to me and shows me the video game graphic on the handheld and says he's trying to be #1

Say what? I told him learn the job first , it's your first few days on your own. Don't worry about motor moves , for Heavens sake!

The brainwashing is working. Next , there'll be a meeting for damages , telling us that they are too high. With upper management confused as to why this is happening.

I would take his scanner and load my route with it. Just to watch him stop for a moment and breathe. If I am on the dock in the morning. I will grab any one and have them load it up. While I scan it for them. With their scanner. Costs me nothing. And it means the world to them.

Had one ask me the other day. Don't they watch you like they do us ? I said. I got a CDL in my pocket. And I'm late to get out of here. That's the only metric that matters to me. Getting gone and knocking out deliveries so that I can get as many pick ups done.

I would take his scanner and load my route with it. Just to watch him stop for a moment and breathe. If I am on the dock in the morning. I will grab any one and have them load it up. While I scan it for them. With their scanner. Costs me nothing. And it means the world to them.

Had one ask me the other day. Don't they watch you like they do us ? I said. I got a CDL in my pocket. And I'm late to get out of here. That's the only metric that matters to me. Getting gone and knocking out deliveries so that I can get as many pick ups done.
That's what happened. You try and pass along what you can. At the same time , it's incredible how f#@ked up in the head management/training makes these new people , and then they wonder why they fail and/or have the wrong attitudes and ideas.

I have not seen a dockworker get two weeks of train, it’s more like two days and then they are let loose. And a FOS wonders way I tell him no when he asks if I want them loading me up when I go to lunch on the Fac. I don’t trust them to do a go job. I had one when I worked the city put 11000 pounds on the left side and about 100 on the other side. Told the inbound are you trying to kill me. Spent about an hour reworking it even.

I have not seen a dockworker get two weeks of train, it’s more like two days and then they are let loose. And a FOS wonders way I tell him no when he asks if I want them loading me up when I go to lunch on the Fac. I don’t trust them to do a go job. I had one when I worked the city put 11000 pounds on the left side and about 100 on the other side. Told the inbound are you trying to kill me. Spent about an hour reworking it even.

Freight is loaded out of sequence. Either because they didn't bother to look or don't care. They just want their numbers. Or two dock hands were loading two multi skid shipments at the same time and the orders are mixed into the trailer. Miss loaded or missing freight has really increased. And nothing is ever secured. If something needed strapped down. It's on you or you will be picking it up when you get there. Or, as has happened to me. Have the customer refuse to touch it or accept the delivery as is and have to drive it back to the barn and tell the dock supervisor that you off loaded what you could. He needs to fix the rest.

Yes ::shit:: like that sucks been there done that. Do it to a loaded LH pup. I make alot of money reworking trailer due to lean or overweight. Like I told my regional manger "I make alot of money on stupid

That's because he still living in mommy's basement. He goes home and plays his online game while eating hotpocket and drinking Mt Dew