Hang in there Brothers and sisters

Isnt the sole purpose here to settle an agreement between the 2 parties. There is never a winner in any strike!
An aggreement is the only reason for negotiations. In order for this to work both parties need to want an aggreement that is both fair and economically reasonable. We are dealing with pride issues here and neither side seems willing to bend enough to preserve the company or our jobs. In other words logic and common sense are not necessarily the key factors.
A trainwreck in the works!

The longer this strike goes on, the worse it looks for the VP's. They claim they were trying to save money but, somehow, so far they have managed to spend a War Pile and then some.

The owners were never doing anything other than trying to get rid of the union. This can be seen by looking at every contract after leaving master freight except the last 3 year agreement. Every contract except that one went further away from being a union contract.Considering the owners had planned ther course of action long before the end of the last contract one can clearly see the intent of the owners was to break the union at any cost. If you just look at the cost to the owners so far during this strike its is clear they could have had a 10 year agreement for less money than they have put into the attempt to break the union. I think the owners miscalculated the resolve of there union employees to fight for there dignity and futures. I am sure there union busting lawyer assured them this would be a easy task and they would win in short order. J.P is well known to give owners bad advice and in most cases that he is involved the company goes out of business. After all he dosent care if the company survives as long as the owners checks dont bounce before the company goes belly up. Its sad to say but the owners were told in advance what needed to happen and they refused to bargian fairly and honestly with there employees. Instead they choose to throw millions of dollars at degrading there employees as they watch ther reputation and the business crumble.This is the long and the short of it all and like a rock rolling down a hill once it gets up a head of steam its not gonna stop till a huge amount of dammage is done.:chairshot:

Well put Brother. Exactly right. Did you see this Payne, he looks like a vampire, really.
Yes I have seen J.P and because of him I was involved in putting anoher comany down because of his bad advice to the owners . It is a shame that big business dosent have the common sence to let people live in dignity, or the hope of a bright future but thats where we are and the only tool we have to fight back with is to withhold our labor. We told the other company what had to be done to resolve the issue and J.P just smurked all the way to the bank as the bussiness died. I think men like him should be outlawed as they are the lowest life form on the planet. But for some reason unknown to man or woman out government thinks these sluggs are needed. Spread the word on who and what J.P is and what the firm he represents dose to working familys. We need to make sure our elected officals know this type of representation is not acceptible!!! By tyhe wayt I dont think we are allowed to use proper names on this blog so be careful . But thats another story. I wil tel you this J.P is the third name in the firm on ther hedding and hes no less than a snake in the grass who is detirmined to destroy the working familys in the state of washington!! Make sure that message is herd loud and clear all over the west coast my brother!!!:1036316054: sorry for my typeos lmbo big fingers here!!!

Payne in the Arse

...By tyhe wayt I dont think we are allowed to use proper names on this blog so be careful . But thats another story. I wil tel you this J.P is the third name in the firm on ther hedding and hes no less than a snake in the grass who is detirmined to destroy the working familys in the state of washington!! Make sure that message is herd loud and clear all over the west coast my brother!!!:1036316054: sorry for my typeos lmbo big fingers here!!!
The rules say: 5) Don't post last names unless that person is in the news.

Here is the Payne in the Arse

PS: Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot

I think men like him should be outlawed as they are the lowest life form on the planet. But for some reason unknown to man or woman out government thinks these sluggs are needed. Spread the word on who and what J.P is and what the firm he represents dose to working familys. We need to make sure our elected officals know this type of representation is not acceptible!!!

You might have a problem with what side of the dispute he is on, but do you really believe that our government should outlaw a specific type of person from practicing law?

Unfortunately, scuzzy lawyers have been around since the dawn of Mankind, and likey will be the last forms of life around after a nuclear holocaust, as many lawyers are at least three-fifths cockroach.

Not that cute JC 28 attorney, though... hubba hubba!

Anyhow... where was I? Oh... lawyers being scuzz.

I wish we could legislate poor or shady attorneys into oblivion, but that seems unlikely, as many politicians are or were attorneys, or are given large amounts of soft money by big law firms.

Reminds me of a line from The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy that could apply very well to lawyers... "a bunch of mindless jerks who were the first against the wall when the revolution came..."

:TR10driving03:
You might have a problem with what side of the dispute he is on, but do you really believe that our government should outlaw a specific type of person from practicing law?
If you know anything about J.P yes he should be outlawed he never comes to the table trying to negotiate a fair agreement his goal is and always has been to either reduce the standard of liveing for the working blue collar employee or to eliminate any kind of trade union from representing and improveing the working conditions and future of the above mentioned blue collar workers its just what he dose. No more or no less. Do I think such a person should be handleing contracts? NO I DONT!! A spade is a spade and J.P thrives off of the working public and destroying companys.:TR10driving03:

Unfortunately for all of us ,situations like ours are not the responsibility of the lawyers or consultants. Although from our standpoint we may consider them morally and ethically despicable .The root of their existence stems from owners and stockholders desires and requests. In other words jobs like theirs would not exist without a market. Greed and lust for power create the market. In the history of mankind no law ,religion, punishment ,or philosophy has been able to eliminate greed or the lust for power. These guys are tools that people of power use to control the masses. I am not defending them just pointing out they are not the cause of our predicament. It just allows owners to keep their hands clean,like gloves. Nobody in the ivory tower wants to see reality. Let them eat cake!

To all the striking Teamsters in Portland check with your local about a job opening at a Teamster union company that was recently posted. Sounds comparable if not better than OHFL.

Hang in there brothers and sisters. Heard from our management that the vultures are circling. We have inside information and because freight is so tight many people are going in for the kill. The the vp's want to run it into the ground they are doing a very good job.