ODFL | Hang Out

Well today was a crappy day! Took a single pup up to Detroit which is a 616 mile turn and brought 2 back from Toronto that had been relayed by a Detroit driver. My lead had hazmat and when I crossed the Michigan scales they pulled me around back ran me through a level 2 hazmat check and by the time they were finished I had to surrender my license in leau of a bond. Toronto hadn't blocked and braced the hazmat so there goes my perfect CSA score.

Welcome to OD.Hope you get yourself out of that mess.Good Luck
Well today was a crappy day! Took a single pup up to Detroit which is a 616 mile turn and brought 2 back from Toronto that had been relayed by a Detroit driver. My lead had hazmat and when I crossed the Michigan scales they pulled me around back ran me through a level 2 hazmat check and by the time they were finished I had to surrender my license in leau of a bond. Toronto hadn't blocked and braced the hazmat so there goes my perfect CSA score.

Welcome to the slow time.You will be wishing you had stay'd at the other.Sorry,OD over-hire's.10 yrs ago when I start'd I was alway's told when thing's are good put back for when it's slow.That's one reason I came off the road.I seen the big picture.The higher guy's will get there hour's/mileage.I went thru the same thing.Now I come in early&alway's get my hour's.I hear the late guy's complaining.All I tell them is I'm sorry.But,I went thru the samething.Good Luck!!!
Home, but didn't want to be. Asked to stay out til turkey day but got sent home instead.

I was surprised.I only had 6 hour's to work today.We have been steady.But,not on fire.When I left at 3 pm today My dispatcher said I could have work'd you all day long.They were busy.I would have been right there if they said it was OK.I left today with 57 for the week.Been having to work on Sat's for the State&It take's from my clock time during the week.
Yup, slow here to, punched out 530pm, but still got 10 hrs.

Welcome to the slow time.You will be wishing you had stay'd at the other.Sorry,OD over-hire's.10 yrs ago when I start'd I was alway's told when thing's are good put back for when it's slow.That's one reason I came off the road.I seen the big picture.The higher guy's will get there hour's/mileage.I went thru the same thing.Now I come in early&alway's get my hour's.I hear the late guy's complaining.All I tell them is I'm sorry.But,I went thru the samething.Good Luck!!!

I say the same thing. All the new guys look at me like I have it made, and I do. It only took me 10 yrs. I spent a lot of my OD career working 9am- 9pm or later. It's not like I didn't pay my dues. But they don't see that. I sort of feel bad when I'm getting in my car to go home and I see guys going back out...............but then I get over it.

Amen!!!!I slaved the dock's in the HOT&COLD when it got slow to get my hour's.Would come in early&work freight till my run was ready.Now, all I here is I'm not getting my hour's.I then say well did you check to see if they need help on dock.Then they just look at me like I'm freak'n ******.You do what you have to do.Then I hear them complaining.I tell them look here.I work'd 17 yrs. at one place&lost my job because of automation.So how would you feel starting all over&going from 5 week's of vac. back to none&having to work another part-time job.Plus,OD to make end's meet.So i don't want to listen to your:crybaby:..Get over it.your time will comeFrek'n kid's today.They don't know what work is..
I say the same thing. All the new guys look at me like I have it made, and I do. It only took me 10 yrs. I spent a lot of my OD career working 9am- 9pm or later. It's not like I didn't pay my dues. But they don't see that. I sort of feel bad when I'm getting in my car to go home and I see guys going back out...............but then I get over it.

You in bad shape now.CDL is gone&you can't work without them.OD going to pay for all this?What are they saying?

I got a copy of the ticket and my license then called the state police in Ohio and Indiana to see if that would be valid for me to use. They both said yes so I've been running. The company is taking care of the ticket but I will still get the points on my CSA score which was 0 until this.

I got a copy of the ticket and my license then called the state police in Ohio and Indiana to see if that would be valid for me to use. They both said yes so I've been running. The company is taking care of the ticket but I will still get the points on my CSA score which was 0 until this.

Glad your working. I knew the company would take care of it. As far as CSA score I wouldnt worry to much. I have never heard anyone even discuss CSA score at my barn.

I came down to hang out with you bigdog but you weren't around... Thanks to Kenneth's friends in GBO who loaded a guaranteed to us instead of CAN. :poster_oops:Good thing the old mustang had room for a 100 gallon fuel tank for a tractor in the front seat....