FedEx Freight | Hartford Disability Insurance

Tie Rod

TB Lurker
Credits
From my experience, the Hartford Disability Insurance is a "Worthless" benefit.
Hartford Disability Insurance has contacted a Collection Agency to collect $696.00 from me.
Short Story: I was off work for 7 weeks for Covid-19 with being in two different hospitals, two urgent cares, two emergency squad runs with providing full medical documentation to Hartford.
I only received one payment from Hartford Disability and If I pay the collection agency the $696 the end result is that I did not receive any Disability insurance payments at all.
Hopefully, other fxf employees had better results with the Hartford Disability Insurance

You need to lawyer up for this one.

Who was owed the 696 specifically? Those are the ones who put it into Collections against you personally.

It would be a little bit easier to understand the source of this action against you. Be very careful, there could be a Judgment entered against you for that amount and in some states if you did not pay the Sherriff can come with a moving truck and confiscate any excess property with equal value (Say a fishing boat on a trailer in your driveway...)

I am very happy you documented everything. Hold on to it down to the penny if you can. Somewhere in there someone stuck you with the bill of 696, I wasn't there so I cannot figure it out until you can find the exact entity, agency or billing source of that money sent to collections.

If it was Hartford Disability Insurance going after you for that money? Well its nothing to you. No benefit if you paid them back.

If its a hospital or other provider? Well you will need to learn as much as you can from that particular source.

If you ignored this collections, the next papers will be served to you at home, work or nailed to your door to answer in court as a judgement action. Or a new collections agency will buy this debt and send you a letter requesting payment. over and over again.

One thought that bothers me. IF you were paid by Hartford Disability that one payment you spoke of, then that's it. You were paid in full and HD is finished with you. Anything else outstanding unpaid in collections is likely your problem. Unless you can somehow show that HD needs to pay this that or other.

Good luck.

Since my credit rating is over 800, I will just pay the $696 to the collection agency and just say:
"here's another FXF employee screwed by the Hartford Disability Insurance worthless benefit".