has anybody ever worked for us express before

I worked for US Xpress for about six months. They have nice roomy trucks, which is handy because you'll spend a lot of time sitting still in them. Lots of long layovers and dispatchers who pay lip service to getting you home but can't seem to get the job done. I gave them over 30 days' notice that I needed to be home for my oldest son's birthday and they couldn't manage it. They'll tell you that you get every other weekend home but when you get there they'll tell you that since you were only on the road for 12 days instead of 14, you don't actually get a whole weekend.

Pay was fairly miserable just because you spend too much time sitting in truck stops waiting for your next load. It can be pretty expensive out here and two days eating truck stop food can hurt.

Personally, I wouldn't drive for them under any circumstances, but I also understand there are some people out there who think they're great. Good luck in your search!

I don't know anything about Transam other than seeing their yard in Olathe, KS whenever I pick up at Tyson.

I wouldn't give two minutes of thinking about working for USX. They had the moniker "We Care" when it should read all we care about is our Bentleys and Mazerati's (SP). Some of the employees are pretty good but the majority are not worth the time to describe. I will say that if I was a driver I wouldn't drive for USX. I worked in the corporate headquarters for over five years and I know how the drivers get treated. CSA 2010 will eliminate most of that, but you can expect the Fleet Managers, Op's Managers to push the drivers even more than usual.

Good luck if your ever broken down. The Manager over the Breakdown department couldn't tell you the difference between a Freightliner or a Peterbilt. He is a number cruncher and has the personality of a grapefruit...his understudy the "Sr. Maint. Manager" is a snake in the grass. He pushed more trucks to the terminals that should have been fixed onsite but in the name of saving money over safety they push trucks out of dealers and shops to save a buck. I personally seen pictures of brakes that were nearly in the rivets but they forced the dealership to put them back on and have the driver drive the truck 500 miles to Tunnel Hill. Nevermind that the Jacksonville terminal was enroute.

If you like driving trucks that constantly breakdown, sitting waiting for loads and being treated like a number then head on over to Corporate at 4080 Jenkins Road in Chattanooga and apply.

I worked for USX. It is the most worthless company on the face of the earth. If you have an accident and it isn't your fault, I was sleeping at the time, you get treated like garbage and kicked to the curb.