XPO | Has anyone filed a vision claim this year?

NorthTXcon-way

TB Veteran
Credits
Has anyone filed a vision claim this year? I was told by Cigna, on Friday, that they no longer handle vision claims. I mailed it to them per the claim form that I got at the SC. Cigna told me that a company called VSP handles vision claims now. I'm thinking the lady at Cigna made some kind of mistake. Does anyone know anything about this?

My optometrist filed 2 claims for me with Cigna. One for my daughter and one for my wife. I received 2 checks from Cigna.

The phone number on the EOB for is 1-800-244-6224.

Mail claims to CIGNA Claims PO Box 5200 Scranton, PA 18505-5200

All I used to do is send a copy of the receipt with your name and social security#, patient's name and DOB.

That always worked for me.

Good luck!

Try and call GO and see if they can help you if you have more problems

If your eye doctor does not file claims for you. You need to get the "vision claim forms" from your personnel supervisor or TM. (They can print them up from their intranet site)
Fill them out and send them in with the required documents. Keep copies for yourself and keep tabs on it. (They tend to forget)

I did pay for everything and filed a claim. Cigna says they don't handle the claims anymore.( for the vision insurance). Has anyone filed a vision claim in 2007?

My optometrist filed 2 claims for me with Cigna. One for my daughter and one for my wife. I received 2 checks from Cigna.

The phone number on the EOB for is 1-800-244-6224.

Mail claims to CIGNA Claims PO Box 5200 Scranton, PA 18505-5200

All I used to do is send a copy of the receipt with your name and social security#, patient's name and DOB.

That always worked for me.

Good luck!

Try and call GO and see if they can help you if you have more problems

When did you do this? this year or last?

The appointments for my wife and daughter were this year. The optometrist called Cigna and filed the claims. Cigna sent me the checks and then I payed the doctor.

Beerfd,
Goto https://www.vsp.com/member/htmls/member_home.jsp And register with your information. I do not work for conway but I have used VSP before and it is simple. You don't even need a card, you just tell the eye doctor you have VSP and then you give them your SSN so they can verify your information. On their website it will tell you what you are covered for and what eye doctors are covered. Normally you only pay a small co payment for the eye exem and then you get free frames and free regular lenses. Each company has different plans but this is typical for VSP. At least you can check the VSP site to see if they are your new vision insurance.

i just filled out the vision claim form at conway and stapled it to the reciepts from lens crafters and gave it to my personell supervisor who faxed it to whomever...he said i should get a check in like 4 weeks

Has anyone filed a vision claim this year? I was told by Cigna, on Friday, that they no longer handle vision claims. I mailed it to them per the claim form that I got at the SC. Cigna told me that a company called VSP handles vision claims now. I'm thinking the lady at Cigna made some kind of mistake. Does anyone know anything about this?

I filed two claims with Cigna in January of this year and received my reimbursements within 2 weeka of submission. The lady you spoke to must have been mistaken.
:smilie_132: